Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] iPhone 4s Stuck in DFU mode
Started by [E] Minecr_ft

My phone is stuck in DFU mode. I have tried plugging it into my computer, but it won't recognize my phone, I've tried different computers, different cords, and different usb ports. I've tried the 'hold the buttons for 10 seconds, and then let the home button go' trick, no luck. I'm really frustrated as no one has been of any use. I've tried everything I know of. I don't care if I upgrade my phone to iOs 6, or any of that, I can deal with it. I can re-jailbreak my phone, and get all of my contacts again if I am forced to reset it. I just want to be able to use my phone.
This is what I found from a very quick google search.

1. Hold down the "home" + "power" button simultaneously.

2. After 12 seconds of holding, release the home button and continue to hold the power button until the apply logo screen comes on.

People need to use google more...
I have tried a different computer.
No, doesn't work.
Wawon, It's currently off.. there's no way for it to run out of battery. I can't turn on, if it was on, I would have no problem.
So it doesn't go into a boot loop?
No, I can't do anything with it. No matter what buttons I press, or anything. My computer won't even recognize it, and showing that it doesn't exist.
Take it to an Apple Store, their genii may be able to fix it.
The battery can die from being off for a long time. Have you plugged it into the wall then booting like that. Also whilst it is plugged in do what leo suggested.

Also this link seems to be having the same issues

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4604596?start=0&tstart=0

Id look there too
doing that tomorrow after work