Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Minetown....
Started by [E] simworld

I can see everyone hide in skyblock. But just something to think about.

A new player who has no experience in minecraft, join the Minetown server...but he realized only few people online and he's helpless and logoff
Eragon wrote:
OMG MIENTOWN IS DYING!!!11!!

Contact me if you want a kitchen.

ERMM...No. look whose back

<Moi.
WhatItDo wrote:
Eragon wrote:
OMG MIENTOWN IS DYING!!!11!!

Contact me if you want a kitchen.

ERMM...No. look whose back

<Moi.

THANK GOD
??? wrote:
ERMEGERD MINETOWN IS REALLY DYING!
sawine wrote:
Hey,

What is this drama all about ?

Minetown is nowhere near its end.

We've been running since 2 years and 6 months now. We've been trought though situations, but we've always made it.

Another thing that I didn't saw anyone bring on the table, is the Minecraft scene itself. The scene is in constant evolution and things must adapt to it.

For example, the amount of "normal" minecraft servers that peak above 300 players now has reduced by about 50% in the last year. There are very few of them left actually.

There are a lot more small servers than before and also the bigger servers now focus more on minigames than the well-known gamemodes (pvp, survival, creative, etc).

There are simple reasons to why Minetown looks less popular;

- Less votes on the top sites. Since cheating votes got popular a year ago, many servers lost their hard earned top position on top sites. We are getting less votes than we used to have in the past, so we are still getting good traffic from those sites, but not as much as we once did.

Not considering donations, voting daily is probably the way you can help Minetown the most.

"Minecraf trends". Like I said, you don't see as many "normal" servers that peak over 300 anymore, as there are so many servers that offer similar features. With the amount of plugins and servers there are nowadays, the competition isn't the same.

The servers that peak above 1000 players at the moment are hungergames and minigames servers. 90% of the time their success come from Youtube paid advertisement campains with very popular youtubers (1M+ subs).

The ease to join. Again, like I said, with the enormous amount of servers there are out there nowadays, you have to offer something unique for players to like your server and to stand out from the competition.

Minetown is doing this since 2 years now. Our server is graylisted. This is "Minetown's trademark". Our community is better than a lot of others simply due to the fact that we've been filtering members.

While this is a pro for getting actual "good and serious" members, it also turns away a lot of people who are simply too lazy to complete the application process or litterally too dumb or careless.

I've invested a lot of time building the MT website and "set up" to the best of my knowledge. For this reason, our website is "PR3" (pagerank 3) (a grade given by google from 0 to 9 on the quality of your website) (most minecraft servers are PR0, PR1, or PR2).

This means that Minetown is recognized as a more trusted and established websites than the ones with lower ranks. This ranking and other traffic optimizations helps us to reach over 2000 unique visitors per day.

If you are pondering at the moment what does this mean, well actually servers that peak to 200-400 players online have around 1000-1500 unique visitors per day on their website.

If you can make the math quickly, this clearly shows how our application system turn down the majority of players.

...but this takes us back to the same question everytime. Our application process.

We were just lately discussing it amongs staff. We currently have a tutorial world that is being built to help with the joining process.

Once this world is complete, guests will be able to become member upon completion of the ingame tutorial. This should increase our "player retention".

...Another thread/poll should be made soon to adress this question in more dept, as to know if MT should go full public.

..Also we are open to suggestions, always remember that positive critisism is 100% welcomed and helpful, unlike negative critisism.

So I hope this reassures you that MT is nowhere near its end. We stashed enough to run for a good while since we've been running and I don't see anything that could stop us from going on.

TL;DR

No, MT isn't dying.

See you.
<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

MT won't die.. I'm here.

SO if this is basically another "Minetown is dying?' thread. Let's look at some previous staff quotes shall we?

Dragoness wrote:
All servers have periods of apparently being more active and apparently being less active. Overall Minetown is doing pretty well, with all things considered (and there's a lot of stuff to consider lol).

Specifically in regards to donation benefits, staff are currently discussing making donations have more server-wide benefits instead of mostly being on Main and PvP. While we do have to account for general long-term gameplay and impact of server performance, members are more than welcome to make suggestions on things they'd enjoy.
Yield wrote:
All this discussion about the server dying is getting Chocolating ridiculous. I, nor any of you can deny that we are in a slump but I refuse to give up. I've invested way too much of my time, health and sanity in Minetown to just walk away. We are working on a game plan to return the server to it's former glory. I can't tell you that it will be easy and I can't promise that there won't be sacrifices but we really need to pull together to make this work..

Don't be afraid to tell us what you think is going wrong; voice your opinions! We value each and every one of you! Once you take away the dozen or so servers, all the plugins, and what not, we are still a community. And the community is what makes Minetown.
DanniDorrito wrote:
We've just brought a popular mincraft server list and put minetown as top sponsor. So we get new players joining regularly on a daily basis.

Then I've worked on getting more youtube sponsors. We have an additional 7 new sponsors that bring a bunch of traffic to eximiusgaming... one of our sponsors has around 80'000 subscribers and minetown is at the top of the list of servers when players look around the site.

We hit 100+ players on a daily basis... so yeah... we're not dying anytime soon

The drama queens just need to chill out Minetown is always going to be growing and changing, this is what scares people since many dont like change x
Sawine wrote:
Hey,

What is this drama all about ?

Minetown is nowhere near its end.

We've been running since 2 years and 6 months now. We've been trought though situations, but we've always made it.

Another thing that I didn't saw anyone bring on the table, is the Minecraft scene itself. The scene is in constant evolution and things must adapt to it.

For example, the amount of "normal" minecraft servers that peak above 300 players now has reduced by about 50% in the last year. There are very few of them left actually.

There are a lot more small servers than before and also the bigger servers now focus more on minigames than the well-known gamemodes (pvp, survival, creative, etc).

There are simple reasons to why Minetown looks less popular;

- Less votes on the top sites. Since cheating votes got popular a year ago, many servers lost their hard earned top position on top sites. We are getting less votes than we used to have in the past, so we are still getting good traffic from those sites, but not as much as we once did.

Not considering donations, voting daily is probably the way you can help Minetown the most.

"Minecraf trends". Like I said, you don't see as many "normal" servers that peak over 300 anymore, as there are so many servers that offer similar features. With the amount of plugins and servers there are nowadays, the competition isn't the same.

The servers that peak above 1000 players at the moment are hungergames and minigames servers. 90% of the time their success come from Youtube paid advertisement campains with very popular youtubers (1M+ subs).

The ease to join. Again, like I said, with the enormous amount of servers there are out there nowadays, you have to offer something unique for players to like your server and to stand out from the competition.

Minetown is doing this since 2 years now. Our server is graylisted. This is "Minetown's trademark". Our community is better than a lot of others simply due to the fact that we've been filtering members.

While this is a pro for getting actual "good and serious" members, it also turns away a lot of people who are simply too lazy to complete the application process or litterally too dumb or careless.

I've invested a lot of time building the MT website and "set up" to the best of my knowledge. For this reason, our website is "PR3" (pagerank 3) (a grade given by google from 0 to 9 on the quality of your website) (most minecraft servers are PR0, PR1, or PR2).

This means that Minetown is recognized as a more trusted and established websites than the ones with lower ranks. This ranking and other traffic optimizations helps us to reach over 2000 unique visitors per day.

If you are pondering at the moment what does this mean, well actually servers that peak to 200-400 players online have around 1000-1500 unique visitors per day on their website.

If you can make the math quickly, this clearly shows how our application system turn down the majority of players.

...but this takes us back to the same question everytime. Our application process.

We were just lately discussing it amongs staff. We currently have a tutorial world that is being built to help with the joining process.

Once this world is complete, guests will be able to become member upon completion of the ingame tutorial. This should increase our "player retention".

...Another thread/poll should be made soon to adress this question in more dept, as to know if MT should go full public.

..Also we are open to suggestions, always remember that positive critisism is 100% welcomed and helpful, unlike negative critisism.

So I hope this reassures you that MT is nowhere near its end. We stashed enough to run for a good while since we've been running and I don't see anything that could stop us from going on.

TL;DR

No, MT isn't dying.

See you.

Rest assured, we're all fine.
Oh it will die, you will all die...
minetown wont die, it's kind of like apple and the US government, you cant kill it. minetown is so well established their is little that will stop it, besides minetown is linked to the eximus gaming network and we will get all the funding we need from elsewhere.
ok...let's wait for a new face in mt
I wouldn't say Minetown is gonna die. It's very clear that Minetown is going through a tough time. A lot of players have gotten board with minecraft or Minetown and have left for a bit. Games do eventually get boring, even minecraft. I addition people play on other servers. Main is less populated as there are 'more interesting' servers to play on, e.g. Skyblock which has always got people on.

I think we can all agree minetowns population has dropped a lot, no point trying to hide that fact. But it doesn't mean the death of Minetown.
Maybe if you stab it enough...shove the knife in a little deeper...