Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB Update 4/22/2013
Started by [E] Italy08

jjd712 wrote:
Wow, that basically gutted the server, but hey what can you do.

Since we are lighting up the load of the server, what will be the status on chunkloaders?

Yeah that's basically what this is. As for chunk loaders they are still a no go. All the other mods are nice and fun but a nightmare to maintain. One gets fixed while another decides it's gonna crash the server <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> These mods are the core mods that make up pretty much all the mod packs. They have been around and stood the test of time.. It's also my hope that since this is a lite pack that this mod will not have "beta" mods thrown in every update.

The mods are super cool but most just modify something that already exists. I guess it really comes down to either having a Ferrari that sits in the garage with mechanical issues constantly or a nice little Toyota that rarely has issues and gets you where you need to go.

I think we all can agree that the issues we have been having are ridiculous and we needed to take some drastic action in order to fix.
Instead of having to uncraft our ultimate solar panels and get a bunch of iridium (which has almost no use in FTB Lite) can we have the option to swap them for HV solars?
Im waiting on confirmation of what were actually doing. There is some debate over how we should proceed as soon as I know more I will let you all know.

For now hold up with uncrafting.

The deadline will be extended if need be to make up for this debate <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
This is not going to be very exciting for me at all. All of my favorite mods are being removed. I may never play Minetown FTB again. I might jump into main every once in a while, but other than that, probably not. I'm sorry for all of my friends being sad about me leaving, but this, if we change modpacks, WILL be the end of my trial.
looking forward to seeing how youll do the extrabiomes swap
I hate to say this because Minetown FTB is the best ftb server iv seen to date but, IF this modpack change happens I will be calling it quits as well on the server, a lot of mods I really like to use will be getting removed as well as many hours of getting resources will be wasted because of mods being removed. I hate to have to look for a different server but...if the modpack switch happens I will be forced to do so.
I am against the change. When you remove all this mods we can directly switch to tekkit classic. Everything that was special like bees, twilight forest, gregtech is getting removed? no, not with me. I search another FTB server if this switch will be aquired and only play on Main.
Okay, again, my only request is to think of all of the people who will lose about 3 quarters of their working time on FTB. You cannot uncraft any items from mods (except TF). I am definitely against this change. Just SEE what I mean. What emotion am I putting into this? It will be for nothing! I will quit Minetown FTB. My words to you: Please. Do. Not. Change. Modpacks.
VorTechs wrote:
Okay, again, my only request is to think of all of the people who will lose about 3 quarters of their working time on FTB. You cannot uncraft any items from mods (except TF). I am definitely against this change. Just SEE what I mean. What emotion am I putting into this? It will be for nothing! I will quit Minetown FTB. My words to you: Please. Do. Not. Change. Modpacks.

We are currently looking into other options but I cannot stress enough that no amount of CAPS will prevent us from doing what we feel is best for the community.

Take a breather i'll let you know when we have more info.