Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB Update 4/22/2013
Started by [E] Italy08

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING THERE WILL BE NO MAP RESET
With that being said there will be a map pack change. This is being done for several reasons.

As I stated we will be switching to FTB lite in ONE week (4/29/2013). We are taking a week so that everyone should have enough time to uncraft machines/items to minimize loss.

If you have items from the red mods below they will need to be uncrafted so that you will not lose the resources used. If the item cannot be uncrafted please make a PE and a staff member will trade you the resources for the item from your inventory. Failure to remove these items will result in them being deleted once we switch over.

WE WILL NOT ISSUE ANY REFUNDS FOR ITEMS LOST AFTER THE SWITCH.

MindCrack

• Rei's minimap
  • Voxelmenu
  • PetroGen
  • Advanced Machines
  • BuildCraft
  • ChickenChunks
  • ComputerCraft
  • Enderstorage
  • Extra Bees
  • ExtraBiomesXL
  • Factorization
  • Forestry
  • GregTech Mod
  • IC2 NuclearControl
  • IC2
  • Iron Chests
  • MiscPeripherals
  • Advanced Solar's
  • GraviSuite
  • Portal Gun
  • MFFS
  • NEI
  • Obsidiplates
  • OmniTools
  • Railcraft
  • Redpower
  • SoulShards
  • StevesCarts
  • Thaumcraft
  • ThermalExpansion
  • Traincraft
  • Twilight Forest
  • WRCBE
  • Xycraft

FTB Lite

• Minecraft Forge
  • NotEnoughItems
  • CodeChickenCore
  • AdvancedMachines
  • Buildcraft
  • Chargepads
  • ChickenChunks
  • CompactSolars
  • Computercraft
  • Ee3
  • Forestry
  • Ic2
  • InvTweaks
  • Ironchest
  • MiscPeripherals
  • NeiPlugins
  • NeiPluginsRedpower
  • Obsidiplates
  • Portalgun
  • Railcraft
  • Redpower
  • ReiMinimap
  • StevesCarts
  • Thaumcraft
  • ThermalExpansionNei
  • ThermalExpansion
  • VoxelPlayer
  • VoxelMenu
  • WirelessRedstone

Please review each list carefully and make sure you have taken care of all your stuff. Again minetown will not be held responsible for items you didn't exchange after the deadline.

Reason for the switch. Mindcrack is a great pack but contains many mods that are causing issues. The level of difficulty is also far steeper then other packs. This pack will be able to run a lot smoother (loss of laggy mods) and is comprised of stable mods that have been around for quite some time and contain far fewer bugs. As always the staff will monitor the situation but I have found no issues with my tests on a private server. Besides items contained in the mods listed above your projects and current work will go unharmed.

Please make sure everyone knows and has read this post. I would hate for someone to lose a lot of stuff cause they didn't check the forums. If you have questions please feel free to ask here.

Thanks,

Italy08
If I forgot anything or didn't mark a mod red please let me know. It's late i'm tired <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Someone should make an FTB for dummies post, or video <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I'd like to learn ftb XD
how do i uncraft an item? uncraft tables take experiance
LucaGreen wrote:
Someone should make an FTB for dummies post, or video <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I'd like to learn ftb XD

The best method is just to dive in <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> There is a lot to learn many videos and wikis already exist that clearly cover the topic.
lancefortier wrote:
how do i uncraft an item? uncraft tables take experiance

Yes they do and many people have exp farms. If you don't have one already they can easily be setup in less then an hour. Exp shouldn't hold anyone back from uncrafting.
if im not mistake they only work on vanilla items and twilight forest mod so why would i bother use one? all the vanilla items will be saved and twilight forest items i have none of? i have tons and tons of greg tech advanced solar panels and gravisuit items. so my question to you is will i have to make a petition for all of the items that wont work on the incrafing table. i question this servers competence because i have had petitions in science the first day this server started and they haven't been done. i also think the whole reason we are switching to the ftb lite it to reduce lag which you cant seem to solve. i will also say check your messages i wrote one to you about a legitimate question and you completely ignored it.
lancefortier wrote:
if im not mistake they only work on vanilla items and twilight forest mod so why would i bother use one? all the vanilla items will be saved and twilight forest items i have none of? i have tons and tons of greg tech advanced solar panels and gravisuit items. so my question to you is will i have to make a petition for all of the items that wont work on the incrafing table. i question this servers competence because i have had petitions in science the first day this server started and they haven't been done. i also think the whole reason we are switching to the ftb lite it to reduce lag which you cant seem to solve. i will also say check your messages i wrote one to you about a legitimate question and you completely ignored it.

Either get on board or don't your decision. Feel free to run your own server if you can. See if you question things you don't understand then. I'm tired of pandering to people like you. You didn't get the answer you want so you start insulting.

No one is required to play here.

You certainly have no right to question the competency of any staff member here. Please for the sake of the community leave and take your whining with you.
Italy08 wrote:
lancefortier wrote:

Either get on board or don't your decision. Feel free to run your own server if you can. See if you question things you don't understand then. I'm tired of pandering to people like you. You didn't get the answer you want so you start insulting.

No one is required to play here.

You certainly have no right to question the competency of any staff member here. Please for the sake of the community leave and take your whining with you.

you never answered my question. as for your recommendation I am 1 step ahead and already own my own server as of 2 weeks ago. I wont deny feed the beast is hard to run and it time consuming and when something is broke its difficult to find the problem. i just feel like this is a downgrade. i can say this will solve most your lag problems as their wont be any mob farms to lag the server. since you ban quarries and anchors that takes care of the main problems. i don't really have time to play minetown this is why i was asking about the uncrafting. i don't have that kind of time. i'm not sure as to what you mean by get on board. i have always wanted a staff position on minetown and always fell like i wont get it, and after this im sure i wont. all in all i think this is the only practical solution.
Wow, that basically gutted the server, but hey what can you do.

Since we are lighting up the load of the server, what will be the status on chunkloaders?