Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New challenge ideas for Skyblock
Started by [E] Lomanic [1]

If you have ideas for new challenges they are always welcome, please post them here using the following format.

Challenge level: (Easy, Medium, Hard, Master)

Challenge Name:

Challenge Requirements:

Challenge Rewards:

Is the challenge repeatable:

If Repeatable what are the repeat rewards:

Reason you feel this would be a good challenge:

Challenge level: Easy

Challenge Name: babytree

Challenge Requirements: I'm looking to add a bit of nature to my island...pass me 64 birch saplings and I'll give you something a bit more exotic.

Challenge Rewards: 1 jungle sapling

Is the challenge repeatable: Yes

If Repeatable what are the repeat rewards: 16 Jungle wood

Reason you feel this would be a good challenge: Ok, I'm sure most of us on Skyblock have been in the situation where we have hundreds of saplings yet no use for them as we're obtaining more than we can replant. Additionally, Jungle saplings are somewhat of a rarity on SB, as around about the point where you need one or four, they're out of your price range and likely requires you to give up a item of greater worth to another player who has managed to obtain more.

Now, I in a way like the rarity of Jungle saplings, but I feel giving people one sapling would be fair.

Challenge level: Medium

Challenge Name: Butcher

Challenge Requirements: Hand me 16 raw Beef, chicken, and Pork, And I'll give you something to speed along that cooking.

Challenge Rewards: 16 Coal

Is the challenge repeatable: Yes.

If Repeatable what are the repeat rewards: 4 Coal

Reason you feel this would be a good challenge: Pork is currently nigh on useless compared to say the rewards of a mooshroom farm or even the easily-obtained cow farm, and with requirements of 16 poisonous potatoes and a saddle for solo players to achieve two pig eggs, I feel this challenge might provide a bit of use to them.

Additionally I'd imagine as players begin to form Animal farms they will have s surplus of raw meat, and the coal (for me at least) would be extremely useful for smelting things such as cobble.

Challenge level: Hard

Challenge Name: ChestMagic

Challenge Requirements: I need two enderchests to make storage more convenient - help me out and I'll give you something shiny!

Challenge Rewards: 3 gold bars & 1 emerald

If Repeatable what are the repeat rewards: 3 iron ore and 16 endstone

Reason you feel this would be a good challenge: Again, Ender eyes (villager trade) are totally worthless on Skyblock. Also, many people find themselves with spare obsidian after completing the netherportal challenge, and this could be a great way for them to use that. In keeping with Hard challenge tradition, gold is part of the initial reward.

Challenge level: Master

Challenge Name: MasterSlayer

Challenge Requirements: Time to show these mobs who's really in charge! I'll need 64 of the following: Bones, Gunpowder, Rottenflesh, Arrows, Raw beef, Raw Chicken, Raw Pork, String, and I'll also need 16 enderpearls. Good luck!

Challenge Rewards: 3 Diamonds, Ward and Chirp Music disks, and a Creeper Head

If Repeatable what are the repeat rewards: 1 diamond and a blaze rod

Reason you feel this would be a good challenge: This is essentially the mob version of topchef, and I for one often found myself with surplus mob drops. The 16 enderpearls make this a little harder though, and I added the music disks as those are ones I had trouble finding on the way to maestro, and Master challenges often reward disks. Creeper head just as a cosmetic bonus, they have no use outside decoration so I don't feel this challenge will ruin the economy in any way or provide some sort of overpowered bonus to players.

Notice that with an efficient mobtrap and a bit of luck, this can form a way for players at higher levels to repeatedly obtain diamond for their utility uses such as tools and picks.

That's all for now, feedback welcomed.
Bump, this is a damn cool thread!
I'll look into them, remember it's also important to keep a good level of challenge on the server.
Challenge Level: Hard or Master

Challenge Name: Home Sweet Homes

Challenge Requirements: Island lvl 500

Challenge Rewards: Ability to set 2 homes

Is the challenge repeatable: No

If Repeatable what are the repeat rewards: N/A

Reason you feel this would be a good challenge: Two homes are better then one!
Challenge Level: Easy

Challenge Name: Blast Furnace

Challenge Requirements Heat is key to smelting things, get me one stack of furnaces, please.

Challenge Rewards: 24 coal

If repeatable, what are the repeat rewards: 4 coal

Reason you feel this would be a good challenge: For all of those cobble generators you make, I think you have plenty of cobblestone. If you make furnaces, you might not use all of them, so why not turn those furnaces into furnace fuel, instead?
challenge level: hard

challenge name: horsey

challenge requirements : prove to me u can own a horse get me 4 stack of wheat blocks and 64 leads

challenge rewards : 1 horse spawn, iron horse armor, and a saddle

is the challenge repeatable: yes

if repeatable what are the repeat awards: horse spawn

reason you feel this would be a good challenge: horses have been wanted on skyblock for a long time, and this is the way to apply them into it the reason the challenge should cost a lot is because most people on sky block have tons of money from over comepleteing challenges and have nothing else to do
thats not bad Ben... not bad at all.... maybe take down the rewards a bit, but a decent idea.
@6055314 wrote:
challenge level: hard

challenge name: horsey

challenge requirements : prove to me u can own a horse get me 4 stack of wheat blocks and 64 leads

challenge rewards : 1 horse spawn, iron horse armor, and a saddle

is the challenge repeatable: yes

if repeatable what are the repeat awards: horse spawn

reason you feel this would be a good challenge: horses have been wanted on skyblock for a long time, and this is the way to apply them into it the reason the challenge should cost a lot is because most people on sky block have tons of money from over comepleteing challenges and have nothing else to do

Just one note on this, 64 leads taking up 32 slimeballs along with all that wheat - considering slimefarmer is a hard challenge already requiring 40, should this perhaps be made Master? Although horses are fairly useless on Skyblock, I like the idea of this challenge anyway for aesthetic purposes and of course mules. Master challenges are also looking a little thin at the moment.

Edit: 32 it is.
I meant for it to be master and u need 1 slime ball to make 2 lead so really u only have to collect 32 slime balls