Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Slime Chunks
Started by [E] Bloodseeker1997

Yo fellas, it's Bloodseeker1997 here. I'm just here to inquire about the possible locations of slime chunks within the skyblock server. I have made quite a large area for slime, but none have spawned yet. It has dawned to me that I probably am not in a slime chunk. If someone could give me the seed to the skyblock multiplayer world, I would be eternally grateful. Also, one of the players said that the WHOLE of skyblock is a slime chunk, but could someone please verify that?

Thanks,

Bloodseeker1997
Anyone know..? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
There are no ''slime chunks'' on the skyblock server, instead all chunks spawn slimes. Slimes only spawn at block 40 or below. They only spawn at dawn and morning (i think?).
8x8johan wrote:
There are no ''slime chunks'' on the skyblock server, instead all chunks spawn slimes. Slimes only spawn at block 40 or below. They only spawn at dawn and morning (i think?).

They can spawn at any light level, and so, any time of they day.
They spawn at any light level yes, but not at any time of the day. They only spawn at certain moon fases.

quite from wiki:

''As of update 1.5, spawn rates are affected by the phase of the moon. Also, slimes will often remain in the world during the day, though no new slimes will spawn until night falls.''

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Oh.
Every chunk is a slime chunk..? =DDDDD weeee

Thanks guys
I heard that Cthulucreeper has a working slime farm going. I have a slime farm, but for some reason none are spawning. He seems to be using half slabs, and I using full blocks (Cobble) but for some reason no slimes are spawning. My slime farm consists of three levels. First level, cobble floor.

Second level, still water that covers the entire area of the first floor. And third, another cobble level. But for cthulucreeper has only slabs and nothing else, but slimes are spawning. Is the water affecting something?
Is the flooring i'm using also have some effect?
Btw, does the levels have direct relation or influence to the spawn rate of slime? EG, is y level 8 has more spawn rate than level 34?