Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] What do to with GregTech...
Started by [E] Wug

As Yield stated recently, we're starting over on FTB and will be using the Mindcrack pack. As most of you probably know, that pack comes with the infamous and somewhat controversial GregTech mod. Unlike practically all other mods in the pack, it is known for altering the recipes of vanilla MC as well as other mods, and generally makes getting things significantly more tedious. People tend to be sharply divided in what they think of the mod, so I thought it would be a good idea for the members here to express what they think should be done as far as GT... The mod has many configuration options, so the extent to which it alters gameplay can be set by the staff. Since this world is just starting up, it would be nice if members and the admins shared what they think should be done...
Keep it the way it is as it kind of forces you to explore other types of machinery which will make you actually progress to get the items you want. That is just my opinion.
I'd say keep it, if it doesn't cause problems that is. Keeping it like duns says forces you to progress to getting items you want and I think it makes it more fun and more of a challenge to the pack.
100% keep it at the default settings. This will allow for great endgame items. I would like to see IC2 become more of a endgame mod.
If im not mistaken we switched to mindcrack Because of gregtech. disabling it would only be counter productive. the only real reason to keep direwolf20 was because it had mistacraft which we found out we do not have the resources to run. IMO

-Lance
I have not used that particular pack, so I have no opinion. So THERE.
I overall think it is a cool mod to have, but I think it would better if we disabled it's interferences with stuff. Although at first i thought it was good with default settings, after a day or so of playing the pack i realized i didn't too much like what it changed. (I wish I could change my vote in the polls)
Guys grey tech isn't about being fully built in a few hours even days. Building even some of the basic machines can be quite the task. Those who decide to stick through it will be richly rewarded. Unfortunately this mod isn't for everyone. When I get home ill sit down and go through the recipes although I don't foresee disabling any recipes tbh.

It's about balance. Make it to easy people get to end game and get bored. Too hard and they just quit. I personally love gregtech it actually requires me to plan how I can best use my resources for the best benefit later on.
The one thing to remember here is that all FTB worlds are probably going to crap out sooner or later. Dozens of mods crammed together, new versions constantly coming out... If you know that your work will still be there for months, if not years, climbing the bigger tech tree is fine. However, nobody can guarantee this, and the more work that has to be put in to get established, the more likely people are to go play somewhere else if a wipe happens
Wug wrote:
The one thing to remember here is that all FTB worlds are probably going to crap out sooner or later. Dozens of mods crammed together, new versions constantly coming out... If you know that your work will still be there for months, if not years, climbing the bigger tech tree is fine. However, nobody can guarantee this, and the more work that has to be put in to get established, the more likely people are to go play somewhere else if a wipe happens

This is a risk wether the mods are difficult or not