Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB-Can't Connect
Started by [E] Eunjun

Hey guys,

so I've been getting this error every since last night: "End of Stream" or "Internal Exception: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out." However, I am constantly refreshing the minetown page and seeing people logging on and off on it (player count) for the past day. This is happening on multiple servers (even my roommate's who's server I know for a fact was on when I tried to connect). I've restarted my comp, reinstalled FTB, wiped Java from my harddrive and reinstalled that.

Any more suggestions on what to do?

P.S. I always allocate about 3gb memory to FTB, so it wouldn't be a memory problem I don't think.

Edit: So you know, I've been having this problem for the past about 30 hours where I was able to connect but then dc and couldn't relog for hours.
Ive had that problem before connecting to different servers, and over many different incidents ive concluded that at least for me its related to my internet connection. I had my dad tweak a few things relating to the router and it was fixed. Good luck with getting this fixed.
I have a 1000 mbps internet connection so... and yeah, that's the dead truth (my uni upgraded lol). We are also not allowed routers here. We plug straight into the wall. Minecraft is not a banned program for internet use at our uni so it wouldn't be that either. :/ Thanks though.
So I did "netsh winsock reset" and I'm able to connect to any non-ftb server, haha.
The errors you listed in the OP are entirely connection based, so re-installing and/or re-allocation of RAM won't change anything

Do you use wireless or an Ethernet connection? A 1000 mbps connection may seem impressive it's a shared connection. How many devices do you think use that same network?

Have you done a Speed Test while experiencing these issues?

I assume you're using the ip: ftb.mt.gg?
Yes, I'm using that ip for the server.

At the time that I was connected last night, there would be no more than 7000 people max online, and we don't all share the same exact connection. I believe each building or cluster of buildings share, which means I'd be sharing with only 100 people-150 people max. I plug directly into the wall (hence I said no router, haha). I can connect to anything but feed the beast, including all the other minetown servers.

Speed test to Michigan (assuming server is still there): Download - 22.16 mbps

Upload - 15.19 mbps
I was reading online that a sequencer and timer can both cause connection issues. I know I have a sequencer. So I'm not if that would be a problem or not. If you think it could be, would you mind going to my /home and destroying the sequencer? If you think that is the problem, that is. It would located in the room directly behind that /home on the same level, if you so choose to do it.

EDIT: This is the error I get on my console from when I start the connection to ftb.mt.gg

2013-02-28 11:13:57 Connecting to ftb.mt.gg, 25565

2013-02-28 11:13:58 Failed to restore setting, probably due to unsuccessful connection to a server.

2013-02-28 11:13:58 Failed to restore setting, probably due to unsuccessful connection to a server.

EDIT 2:

In addition, if you disabled a mod and I had an item in my inventory, wouldn't that cause this error? That's what I read when looking up this problem. Not sure if that is the case here.
Same problem duns. I cant connect either.

I get the error "Connection refused: Connect"
That is for now, jjd. The server is offline, according to homepage. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> I've been getting this problem for over a day now. It was on and off then bam, couldn't connect. I am wondering if it is my windows update that screwed it up, now, but not sure. Waiting for someone to comment on what I said earlier, as so many people have had this problme on tekkit and ftb that I am reading, and it is usually due to a disabled mod (for the java exception one).
I've renamed you're player file, so we can quickly declare or rule this out as the cause. Once the server gets up, give logging in a try.