Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Cool mod idea
Started by [E] BloodMonkey

i recently had this cool idea for a mod.

picture this:

you awake on the outskirts of a huge city, you have managed a good living in your little cabin for a while but you are beginning to run low on food and weapons, and your only option is to head into the city to collect supplies. there's only one problem, the city is filled with ravenous night dwelling zombies. can you survive the night as thousand upon thousands of undead swarm the streets below.

how it will work:

no useful minerals will spawn underground, instead u must scavenge local buildings for chests that will randomly spawn items e.g. swords, arrows, torches, armour and food. things like fences and wood blocks will also spawn to be used in fortifying buildings at night fall.

i thought it would be cool if the map randomised building placement to keep it more fresh, but the chests changing the items would be just as challenging. the city would include typical buildings such as hospitals, schools, office buildings and warehouses. the buildings will be protected to stop people stealing from the buildings themselves. however it is fine to build on or around them.

mobs would only consist of zombies. and the city should be built so zombies spawn by the ton on the streets, the players should not have the option to go on the streets at night, if they see the sun going down there only option should be to seek haven in a nearby building.

at night the player has allot to keep himself occupied, he can either secure the building he's inn, or attempt to travel via rooftop (this would be quite risky as the drop may kill you or leave you open to getting swarmed). although the buildings are safer than the streets at night that does not mean there is no danger, the loss of power means allot of buildings are dark enough to house zombies.

a player has allot to do in this world, he can either choose a suitable location to fortify, slowly securing each building before making it a part of their safe zone, or keep on the move, stripping buildings of resources before moving on. the game i imagine would be pretty hard to stay safe and secure, at some point your gonna round a corner to find a battalion of zombies coming at you, and once you re-spawn its gonna be pretty hard to relocate your stuff whilst bypassing the undead that just killed you. so most maps probably wont last too long... but man, what an adventure it will be!

although just as fun in single player, multiplayer should be kept small and players should have good communication between one another. too many players could cause problems.

feedback would be nice, and i'm pretty sure i'm the first with this idea (if i wasn't i would have heard of it, cus it sounds awsome)
just realised its basically a Minecraft version of 'i am legend' XD

...except without the dog.
BloodMonkey wrote:
just realised its basically a Minecraft version of 'i am legend' XD

...except without the dog.
Gman20 wrote:
Quote "Monday morning, I met one of my idols for breakfast, and kinda promised him I’d add pet dogs to Minecraft, so I guess that’s happening"
Lol, didn't see that coming, did you?

But really, if this idea comes into play, and so does dogs, the dog is dead.