Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] AFK kicker
Started by [E] Odarus

What is the AFK limit set to in minutes?

Furnaces, sugar cane, potatoes, carrots, wheat, grass blocks, trees, and ill fated drop farms of all types require us to be in the chunk and wait.

Builders are already having a hard time acquiring wool, stone, and other materials that require someone to load/wait/unload then market. An AFK limit will make this problem even more noticeable and with the spawner limiter already protecting us from AFK farmers I am unsure where the benefit is.

Just wondering whats up.
10 minutes is the set currently. It may change as we notice issues with it.

We are trying to remove other AFK issues as well such as fully automated farming and chunkloads. Quite simply all you have to do is press a key once every 10 minutes and you will be fine...gaming isnt about leaving your screen on. its about actually participating in the game and working towards your goals. This has been something we have been trying to implement for quite a while now.
This is unacceptable.

Unfortunately, I am completely opposed this 'AFK Manager' and find it a direct harm/assault to the well being of the Country of Japan, by the Minetown Staff.

Tokyo/Japan relies on AFK grinders and traps that both allow us to gather EXP to repair our tools for continued construction and expansion of the city, and the collection of items such as bonemeal for farms and tree growth, to Iron collection at certain villages. Thus Japan is now at a disadvantage, and must take steps to ensure our continued existence and growth.

Do to the addition of this... plugin... I will begin to make modifications to ensure the Country of Japan continues to exist and prospers in a way that takes advantage of this plugin, at our expense. While this is also not the thread for mentioning our motives, I believe this sufficient justification to our up and coming actions in Minetown.

I seem to be having to do alot of things lately, to keep Japan alive, that are at odds with the server....

And I am also certain that it no longer is just Japan that will be harmed, due to this plugin. This will affect the Minetown server substantially, and I am afraid it will have dire impacts to Minetown as a whole. We didn't need one in the past, and I see no reason for one to be added now.

Please read over, and consider that the continued implementation of this plugin be void, and to remove it immediately. I can only hope at the former.

~Concerned Japanese Community and Friends.
I support the decision to move to an AFK kicker. HK, as a member of Japan, I'd like to ask you to reconsider your accusations and look at the situation from a different angle. Even though AFK tasks require waiting, there's nothing stopping you from setting up a macro to move around a bit after 5 minutes. Seriously.
I am pro AFK Kicker because Hk is not. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> JK. Despite my picking fun at hk, i do agree with this plugin because it would reduce the lag machines on the server and also it would be better so sawine can save his ram and afk in his client <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

*Banned by Sawine*

Sawine: No AFK Kicker. You've been warned <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Kos, I assume using any software (or physical key weight for that matter) would be an effort to undermine the plugin and result in a ban or stern warning. If undermining the plugin is allowed why would they install the plugin?

It makes sense that this is being done in preparation for hoppers and the new 1.5 redstone functions that are designed to allow automatic farming. Hoppers will have tons of valuable uses including auto furnace and auto brewing. Unless demand takes a huge leap the market could soon be flooded with afk furnace products and potions.

Zio, I agree that AFK'ing is not gaming, however from an alternate perspective the farms used to AFK took time to build and drop farms were specifically invested in and created with the intention of generating materials for one use or another (profit or function). Bones, gunpowder and string (wool) are materials where people choose to make a spawn farm investment rather than constantly shopping (or even looking for a linked shop recently). AFKing a drop farm may not be taking in the game exactly how we want to, but it's certainly not a dirty trick because most of us rely on materials from the farm to continue building, farming, etc.

With chunk spawner and AFK limiters it is more difficult to make a return on investment for creepers, skeletons and spiders so we will need to focus on efficient close-quarters work / chat areas to make spawners beneficial.

I am not in favor of more mob farm nerfs but I realized the cost of chunk spawn limiting paid off big time with less lag, so I can see the cost of AFK limiting could protect the economy by somewhat regulating 1.5 auto farming.
My take on the issue:

If it reduces lag considerably, it should stay.

If it does little to nothing, it should go.

And finally, I don't think we need to keep "fixing the lag". I don't even notice any... remember what the server was like a year ago?
Since we no longer have LavaFurnaces, i have been AFKing to make stone, and this cannot stay, unless A LavaFurnace plugin comes back
I say keep it.

No reason for there to be so many farms out there when people already have doublechests and doublechests of farmed items. All it seems like is people are constantly making their farms bigger without realizing their "farm" EFFECTS THE WHOLE SERVER and is making main less and less enjoyable for the rest of us
how dose one make a macro to have ever few mins i know how to make a macro for auto moving but thats it how do i make it where it dose it every 5 mins?