Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] SW Spawn Rail/Highway
Started by [E] DOC_HOLLlDAY

Towns Southwest and South of Spawn, any town owners/ Residents around Townville interested in working on a highway/ rails system connecting us all and linking us to a station near spawn? We currently have a decent size project completed linking Townville, Mytopia and a few other TV suburbs together with a big lava bridge (Proba find it easily enough on world map SW of spawn). Between us and Spawn there seem to be a few decent size and well built towns that could make for an interesting project. Let me know
there are big railway Systems allready, maybe you noticed the railways over the bank <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Theres been a sign near blx since I joined about 3 months ago saying Future Site of SW MT Rail expansion. Maybe this will be a way to start the expansion?

For the highway I would like that. As Tokyo and Solis will eventually be connected, why not other areas connecting?
Have not seen the rail bank near by, I will search some more from the world map to find it, but yea linking preexisting rails together is the way to go, then just build some decent looking highway and rails connecting the city rails all together. We probably will want to creat some sort of a temporary identifying method so ppl can see rails from the world map then build to them (Nless we can figure out a cool looking way to perminantly make them easily identified on the map (I dont reccomend lava brides, that was a bitch to construct LOL).
Where are Tokyo and Solis located on map, I have never seen them from that view ( I assume tokeyo is easy to spot though).
Disregard, I see Tokyo, I thought that was spawn. Thats perfect, there are a lot of perfect paths to run that highway. They would all tie in a number of smaller towns.

From lava bridge would work well (I like Bumpy's idea of a spaghetti bowl whighway/rail structure, could be a cool build to interweave all those raised intersections) , however we have those two massive floating cobble towns in the path (Im amazed that after the first one was built another group thought lets go ahead and build another LOL)

Doc i just measured the distance from tokyo to solis, its 5000 blocks.....
Ask Hk and Cyto, its planned to be built after tokyo is done.
5000, ugg. Well Im going to start building it northward, be a long term side project, that will be unprotected for anyone to contribute on. Basically going to do a 3 block rail, stone sides, stone block middle, nothing fancy just not simply rails on ground though either. See how many towns I can connect along the way, I figure to use the stone and stone block slab as its in endless supply with the stone machines. Rail will get pricey toward the end but hell lets see if it can be done.
Mapping it out now, Honey's Town is a logical direction north of Townville by the lava bridge (Is Hiney still active? I used to see here a lot but just realized I dont anymore) From there I will path along toward that town SW of Tokyo. Basically make the path pass by as many towns, and builds as I practacly can along the way.