Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Server Proxy
Started by [E] Bad_Dagon

I may sound a little bit "ragey" writing this but that would be because I am angry. For the past few days, the proxy has been kicking me. Not the server, the proxy. I really wish that as a donator who only plays on Main and rarely Creative, that I could have access to a direct-connect for Main. I think that the BC Proxy definitely lags the system as it has to handle the combined commands of every single server as well as the constant disconnects/reconnects. I would really really appreciate a direct connection skipping the Proxy and I wouldn't mind losing the /server command. I know there are other members who feel this way and would agree with me.
I know that the proxy can be annoying at times. Like, really annoying. But it is just part of the testing. Not a lot of servers have this feature to switch between servers. It's something that can be annoying, but again, its just about working out the buggs on it. :/
Hey maybe our proxy is causing a portion of our lag. If we rid our selves of it maybe we will not have to worry so much. (personally I don't find the lag on our server to be a problem ( because it is consolidated into spikes, thus no tick lag.)) you don't know lag until you play Tekkit with all the machine lag at 8 tic's per second.

Either way I prefer a more optimistic view, everything will be alright we could be much worse...
The Minetown devs developed there own proxy so that we could connect to heaps of different worlds at once. Adjustments are always being made it hasn't been up for very long. Just wait becuase when there aren't any problems it will be awesome.
Yay speculation!

I shall go down the list:

Dagon: As a typical MC server watches connects, disconnects, commands along with block breaks, block placing, container interaction, mob details (health, position, damage), block physics, entities, etc. (quite a work load) and BC only passes packets to/from other servers, I don't think it is a contributing factor to any lag you are experiencing.

lance: Sawine and a few other admins were doing diagnostic work on the servers yesterday, most of the lag and TPS drops were due to high load plugins like CraftBook and SilkSpawners. The lag is being looked into and we are notifying plugin developers of any issues we experience. The primary culprit has been CraftBook and we have been working closely with Me4502 in order to help him make improvements within CB

XxDeath: Sadly, this is not our proxy software, so development isn't directly linked to our network. We have close communication with the developers and our usage data go into making the proxy a better functioning utility.