Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] GOTY 2012
Started by [E] GACKT

Little late but like always It's our third Game of the Year topic, like last year, I want to hear what your GOTY titles that where released in 2012.

Persona 4 Golden - The fact that I can have Persona 4 as my GOTY again 4 years later pleases me greatly, Persona 4 Golden is Persona 4 with more content and story, originally released for PS2 in 2008, now released for Vita. One of the greatest games of last generation

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection - Fucking amazing. If you haven't ever played a Metal Gear game, shame on you.

Dishonored - Great stealth bioshockest steampunk game that I enjoyed greatly, story not that great but made up with enjoyable gameplay.

This year has been really weird for viddy games, I have enjoyed a lot of indie games and kickstarter games, but none are good enough to make it on to my GOTY list. So honestly it's been a really shitty year for games in my opinion, the console generation is coming to a close, new consoles will be announced probably close to the end of 2013, maybe E3. This new year is looking promising though, lots of games i'm looking forward to. Ni No Kuni, MG:Rising, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Dead Space 3, Lots of Kickstarter games!

Past Topics:

GOTY 2011

GOTY 2010

Black Ops 2

Halo 4

Not sure if this was released in 2012 but Planetside2
Far cry 3:)
Diablo 3

Portal 2(Was released in 2012, or 2011, not sure)

Now, I have to tell you, Minecraft will always be my favorite game. But later this year, im hoping to release my own version of the game. Basically re-written with more features. More like a new mod. Anywho, those are my favorite games of the year. But no matter what year it is, Minecraft is my favorite.
Far Cry 3 was a brilliant game. If it was a movie, Vaas should have won an oscar.

I think Hotline Miami should win something too, that game was really good too.
Kid Icarus: Uprising was freaking awesome.
Loved Far Cry 3,

Loved Assassins Creed 3,

Loved Dishonored.

It's a hard call.
Coffeey you obviously play great games, I can tell by the fact that you played Hotline Miami. I agree Far Cry 3 was great, much better then any other Far Cry's, none of them were true open world games. Far Cry 3's story was starting off great and it just got dumber and dumber as well.

Assassin's Creed 3 was a great fresh start, since Revelations was so clunky with all those mechanics piled up over the course of 3 games, but fuck sakes the story is just god awful now, The ending of AC2 was amazing, I was looking forward to more. I'm not surprised it's turning out like this since the lead writer left a long time ago. The ending of AC3 sets up for more AC, Ubisoft couldn't be anymore obvious about milking this franchise for as much money as possible until they run it into the ground.

Black Ops 2 was different, it actually had a great campaign, you actually had choices to make that would effect the outcome of your game.

Anyone played FTL?

And don't post games that didn't come out in 2012, hence GOTY "2012".
Black Ops 2

Portal 2

Planetside 2

Halo 4 (Xbox Bundle)

And i got em all B)
GACKT wrote:
Coffeey you obviously play great games, I can tell by the fact that you played Hotline Miami. I agree Far Cry 3 was great, much better then any other Far Cry's, none of them were true open world games. Far Cry 3's story was starting off great and it just got dumber and dumber as well.

Assassin's Creed 3 was a great fresh start, since Revelations was so clunky with all those mechanics piled up over the course of 3 games, but fuck sakes the story is just god awful now, The ending of AC2 was amazing, I was looking forward to more. I'm not surprised it's turning out like this since the lead writer left a long time ago. The ending of AC3 sets up for more AC, Ubisoft couldn't be anymore obvious about milking this franchise for as much money as possible until they run it into the ground.

Black Ops 2 was different, it actually had a great campaign, you actually had choices to make that would effect the outcome of your game.

Anyone played FTL?

And don't post games that didn't come out in 2012, hence GOTY "2012".

If you liked Hotline Miami, you will love the movie Drive.