Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] GOTY 2012
Started by [E] GACKT

I'm I really the only one here who would pick Borderlands 2?
Fettuccini wrote:
I'm really the only one here who would choose Borderlands 2?

I would've picked Borderlands 2 along with you, but "The Walking Dead" to me won by a longshot because of how it showed that a simple video game can be so emotional . I honestly cried at the end of the story because of how far this one man went so much out of his way to protect a nine year old girl. He had to make tough decisions whether between one person, or the others life, or distributing limited food to a large starving group of people. This game creates a unique story line and amazing characters . But I've ranted on too long now I'm not trying to make a review. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object> Either way i think "The Walking Dead" deserves GOTY.
This year was... a bit of a boring year, however my top 3 contenders for GOTY would be:

1. Far Cry 3

2. Dishonored

3. Borderlands 2

The 2 games i think do NOT deserve this award would be:

1. Assassins creed 3

2. Black ops 2
jjd712 wrote:

1. Assassins creed 3

2. Black ops 2

leave.
Nick663 wrote:
jjd712 wrote:

1. Assassins creed 3

2. Black ops 2

leave.

No, I agree with him. AC3 had almost nothing new to offer. It was just a less enjoyable copy of AC2 with a bad story.

And Black Ops 2? In the end its really just another duplicate of the same played out game.
who Needs an end in singleplayer when you only Play multiplayer? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":-d">:-d</object>
The multiplayer is exactly what I mean. The CoD franchise has been stagnant since after MW came out. There's nothing new or fresh about it anymore other than slightly updating the graphics every release.
I am 1/2 happy and 1/2 sad with black ops 2. I am enjoying the multi-player a huge amount. I feel it is the best any of the CoDs have to offer. But on the other hand, The campaign and the zombies experience is just recycled material. There isnt much new in the campain and i was disappointed by that. Although i do enjoy the 2 new modes added to zombies (Grief, Tranzit).
You have to admit, Black Ops 2 had an actual interesting campaign, something that isn't seen in most FPS's these days, How many multiplayer focused shooters have a campaign were you make choices that determine the outcome of the story. It's a sign that they it's time for changes to be made in CoD.

Assassin's Creed 3 was amazing visually, graphically, and gameplay wise. You have to admit over the course of three AC games that the game mechanics piled up, Revelations was a clunky fucking game. Downside to AC3 was the story, it's so awful, the lead writer who originally was writing AC left a long time ago and the ending of AC3 clearly sets up more AC.

It's annoying, how publishers won't let franchise just end, they have to get as much money out of it until the point that everyone is sick of it.
Gook , Kojima coming to dubai today ;D , Am going.

umad?