Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Lets be like totally real bros
Started by [E] Shogun

I like Minetown, I really do. Our current player base after the *cough* weeding out the bads, is incredibly awesome.

The thing is, the server has become stagnant. I mean I may not come on as much as I used to but I haven't seen any new active faces in a while. Its always the same people, thats part of the issue.

After reading the Frost and Southern Empire threads, its only affirmed my plan to conglomerate most of the server.

Currently, we have "factions" that have only 1-3 active members and a ton (I mean a TON) of ghost towns/cities where either no one uses the area or have again 1-3 people actively living there. Off the top of my head, /warp iceland is one of those dead areas.

My proposal is to fuse together the smaller factions and their respective cities into one large faction.

In doing so, the factions would disband their current ones and destroy their cities. Save only the actual inhabited buildings and the structures that are one of a kind (i.e. ones that can not be duplicated easily and looks good/awesome).

All the old members of the factions would then join under a new banner and place their houses/structure in the new megacity that would be formed from the unification.

What would this accomplish?

-As much as you love your faction, it must feel bad being the only one active.

-Get rid of abandoned, griefed, ugly, spacetaking buildings. This includes stupid ass unimaginative cobble houses, retarded dirt buildings, and w/e

-Make a new "central hub" other than spawn that people would go to. You would ACTUALLY see people walking the streets *gasp* because their houses would be there.

-Have other people from your own faction that you would be "allied" with.

-Increase community relations.

I don't know all the details, this is just a very broad proposal.

P.S. We really need have to have a day where the entire server population just cleans the map. So tired of seeing half finished, griefed, abandoned buildings everywhere. Everyone should really have only 1 house and as many "Awesome megastructures" as they want.

P.P.S. STOP BUILDING CITIES. GAWD DAMN IT!! ALL THEY DO IS TURN OUT TO BE FUCKING GHOST TOWNS!

I must congratulate you on making such a well stated post. I think there are actually a few sets of action that would lead best into making the server's cities more active.

First the warp and home system makes it so there really is no requirement for travel. when people go to their home regardless of the city it is in they don't walk through the front door they just type /home get in and then warp out. I suggest we make the stargate system the standard instead of warps as it will open up a real idea of taking the trip to the area you are in and then head to your home (I don't think this mod is back out yet but hopefully it will be).

Second we need to start having more events. I have been working with mike and we had a semi successful run of our first war. We are working on the system but we can get a lot of people interested and active that way. More events such as importing RPG made maps and hopefully some integration of an NPC system will contribute to this there is only the matter of how to keep them going well. I know there are not many multiplayer RPG built maps but the creation of a timetrial or race might get people a bit more excited.

Third, people want their own everything. their own city their own faction their own tower their own vault. Many of the cities are made because they want to make their own rather than joining an existing city.

Fourth, there was quite a bit of talk for a while of larger cities and unfortunately the result was just some cleared lots with skyscraper requirements. I am making a huge city called mainframe you should be able to find my thread about it. This project welcomes all support though it's been attacked as being impossible when people found i had to claim a 2500 x2500 square just to think of fitting it. I am trying to do this not only to make a huge city but also because I think that with the reboot community there will be large amounts of appeal for people who will want to come to the server. unfortunately we need more people on the project if we can as there is far too much work to be done by the 4 or 5 of us on it.

Fifth, we have recently done a clean up and there doesn't seem to be a change in the quality of buildings. I don't see how we can get people to change as even back in the creative server days mostly there were houses just made of gold or diamond just to claim them as higher quality (they used to be spawned so don't expect this).

I am glad that you are interested in increasing the quality of minetown and would hope that you will support some of the infrastructure that Hunterkiller is working on setting up to help connect our cities.
Yes i have THE Same thoughts of it i have started this week a faction Vegas mabye we can allie To make it activer
Not all factions are dying off, by the way <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

I am currently thinking of a plan to revive the Southern Empire; and letting the Frost Empire die is out of the question. They are Espero's closest allies.

I definitely support this. I also recommend the system that has kept Espero alive. We have about 4 or 5 cities, and the capital is Espero City. Because of the attention and constant construction, Espero City has never become a ghost town. When one part becomes abandoned, we clean it and let new people move in.

The same applies to our cities. Espero City and Vivo are currently active. Metropolis and Hyrule are in the cleaning phase before they are reopened. (Hyrule's future is being planned, and although we will not announce our plan for it, it will likely not remain under control of Espero forever). The only truly abandoned city is Legion City, which has basically been morphed to Minetown (Spawn) anyway.

The basic plan to revive the Southern Empire is to work on construction with members of Espero. Any new recruits during this time would be forwarded to Eissaye. Every construction worker from Espero would also buy a house in Oasis to shelter in at night. This will increase revenue, supplies, sales, and culture in Oasis as new buildings go up and more people begin to fall in love with the city again.