Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Computer opinion
Started by [E] SilverLotus1

Nin wrote:
For $2000 you could get this

apple-12q2-macbook-pro-15-front-lg.jpg

and a really nice headset. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";-)">;-)</object>

Also, Alienware is even more overpriced than Apple.

plus it's just a dell in a shell

I know just about nothing on computer hardware, but there is one thing I do know.

If you want a PC to play games on, a mac is a no-no.
i already figure it out

Use This!!!

Cyberpower, Alienware, ect. are all overpriced...
Guys, this isn't 2004 anymore.

Macs can handle gaming, and anyone who says otherwise is a downright Apple hater.

or they can't afford one
I'll take the title of apple hater. They still suck, have crap hardware, and are overpriced.
jjd712 wrote:
I'll take the title of apple hater. They still suck, have crap hardware, and are overpriced.

In which ways do they suck? What of their hardware is crap?

but yeah, i guess they are a LITTLE overpriced...
Just looking at the 27 inch iMac(most people have a version of the iMac) it retails for 2000 bucks. With that you get... a Moble version of the gtx 600 series cards. There is a performance gap between the desktop and Moble versions of gpus. Next is the hard disks. For 2000 bucks don't you think you should get a ssd boot drive and a terabyte data drive? But nope apple just gives you The option on either a hdd, a hybrid drive or a ssd that is overpriced and overkill.

If you choose a lower teir iMac you just get ripped off. Cpu speed drops below 3.0 Ghz. Your dedicated video memory drops below 1 GB.

Onto why apple products suck... no expandability it is VERY difficult to change any hardware on your mac. Where as on a pc you can do almost anything to it . Swap parts, add parts Remove parts etc... apple Os is just a pain to use.
Macs are great, they are hated by people that don't use them. If you are big into gaming I would recommend windows although many games are coming to Mac now. That computer would be great for what I think you want it for.
jjd712 wrote:
Just looking at the 27 inch iMac(most people have a version of the iMac) it retails for 2000 bucks. With that you get... a Moble version of the gtx 600 series cards. There is a performance gap between the desktop and Moble versions of gpus. Next is the hard disks. For 2000 bucks don't you think you should get a ssd boot drive and a terabyte data drive? But nope apple just gives you The option on either a hdd, a hybrid drive or a ssd that is overpriced and overkill.

If you choose a lower teir iMac you just get ripped off. Cpu speed drops below 3.0 Ghz. Your dedicated video memory drops below 1 GB.

Onto why apple products suck... no expandability it is VERY difficult to change any hardware on your mac. Where as on a pc you can do almost anything to it . Swap parts, add parts Remove parts etc... apple Os is just a pain to use.

Why would you want it to be expandable? If you want that you should just build your own computer.

I however happen to like a beautiful, pre-built aluminium computer that I don't have to buy anything else for.

To me it's worth the premium price just for the build quality and Apple's utterly fantastic Customer Service.

Have fun working/gaming on an ugly plastic box that you "made."
Back to the original topic, your best bet is to build one yourself. The component brands I personally recommend are Gigabyte boards, intel processors, and EVGA's Nvidia cards. As far as cases and power supplies, Antec. They are sleek and sexy; I'd go with a 750w ps if you're using a 3.0+ Ghz processor and/or large video card. Everyone has their personal opinion, and this is mine. I haven't seen anything bad out of any of these manufacturers; aside from Nvidia's laptop graphics for HP's DV series of laptops two or three years ago, which is long gone.

EDIT: Apple may be overpriced, but nowadays most Apple users buy them for their functionality with the iPods, iPads, and iPhones. I wouldn't mind having one myself, it would make my life a whole lot easier with my iPhone, iPad, and my family's multiple iPod Touches...