Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB update 12/22
Started by [E] Italy08

Well since the world didn't end this project continues <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Just wanted to let everyone know that we hard at work still. I have done quite of bit of testing in single player survival and I insure you that it is no easy task. These mods greatly increase the difficulty of those who choose to dig deeply into all the functionality provided. I have probably about 20 hrs into testing in this way.

That being said I will be out of town for four days so testing will be on hold until I return. Sayomie and myself are working on putting together a mod pack and server that I will be selecting people to private test with me in survival mode. Before everyone says they will help out I want to make sure those who show interest know that this will be serious testing. We will be assigning projects and tasks to insure that every aspect of every mod is tested and approved. Those interested must be able to install the files that we provide without our assistance so that we can focus on other projects instead of tech support.

We are still watching the progress of Forge Essentials very closely and are eagerly awaiting the full release of the plugin. Sayomie has also been in contact with SK and will hopefully have an client out soon which we will have full control over. This client will enable everyone to install the mods we choose much like tekkit or FTB.

This project is coming along nicely and I appreciate all those who have helped out so far. This project still has a lot of work but with everyone's help the list of things to do is getting shorter.

Italy08
Italy if you install all the mods can't you just Zip you .mincraft folder and upload it?

Otherwise I'm down for it.
We will provide the files and configs in a zip. All you will have to do is install them into a clean .jar version 1.4.5.

I want to be clear that this may take awhile to put together. Minecraft and mods are going through quite a bit of changes at a very fast pace.

Sayomie and Yield have been working hard on this project when they have time. They are both extremely busy with many projects in MT as well as thier personal lives. I am very greatful for thier help as we wouldn't even be close to where we are now without them.

I know I have asked a lot of the community (including MT staff) and these updates seem to be the same thing over and over. Everything we are doing is to insure we have a stable environment that all can enjoy without constant changes or resets.

PS this took forever to type on an iPhone <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
iPhone.... theres the problem... scrap that and the server will be perfect <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I have yet to add the iOS to the server so that isn't the issue.
Ok pretty sure the world did actually end. I have come to this conclusion due to the fact that redpower has actually updated to 1.4.6. This means we will be able to include it within our client once released.

Yay <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Although this is great news this still doesn't fix our plugin issues. We will be remaining in beta until ForgeEssentials is fully operational.

Italy08
Redpower makes me happy...

Did you see my sword sword sword
Hey Italy, did you consider contacting slowpoke (head FTB dev) about getting our own modpack in the FTB launcher? They have a really nice system with updated, config settings, etc, and have said other people can make modpacks. I think this would be easier, as it would mean people who already have FTB don't have to download more things, and we also don't have to go to the website and download a new file for every update of it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.