Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB Update and current news 12/16
Started by [E] Italy08

Sayomie wrote:
We do not want to remove red power but it may be needed until as it is currently not updated to 1.4.5 and will prob not be updated till 1.5. As for buildcraft we do not plan to remove it only some features of it such as fillers and quarry's, the reason for the removal of those it due to the lag they cause and the ease at which they can be used for griefing.

We are currently looking into creating out own pack instead of using Tekkit for FTB. This will allow us to have more control over the updating of mods as well as better control over the server. If we decide to go with this option we would be using the same update system that Tekkit and FTB use allowing us to provide you a self updating client.

We ask that you be patient as we access all of our options in creating the best possible and grief free server for you to play on.

Just add thaumcraft, all I'm asking for v.v
Thaumcraft is prob one that we could look into adding as it should not cause to much lag and would add a decent amount of nice features into the game.
Sayomie wrote:
Thaumcraft is prob one that we could look into adding as it should not cause to much lag and would add a decent amount of nice features into the game.

Thaumcraft is added in the 1.4.5 release and will be apart of our custom client once that is out as well. We are also adding secret rooms in our custom client.

No ETA as of yet on either our custom client or the 1.4.5 server release yet. The custom client is waiting on an automatic update feature (much like tekkit/FTB) as for the 1.4.5 server update I have no clue as we are not in control of that project.

Others news we will be preforming a map reset for the FTB server to get rid of all the damage caused by immature people. I would like to note that we have already had to ban one person for such actions. Anyone caught griefing the map will be banned from the beta and depending on severity all minetown servers.

This is the time to test mods not to have fun by destroying the map. We already know the damage caused by nukes no further "testing" is needed. Please focus on testing the mods and finding potential bugs. Our goal as staff is to provide a stable server which we can play on without fear of another reset. Your participation will help insure our success in the matter.

Have fun and thanks for those of you that are taking this seriously. Once forge essentials is released with protections and logging we will be moving into the alpha phase of this project. The changes listed will be made at that time and the game mode will be changed to survival.

Italy08
Since I have recently become a master at Tekkit i feel i should add my input, first of all we were having problems with items building up on the ground and causing lag, to solve this a plugin called Clag can be used (Clear Lag) it deletes all entities on the ground. some people do not like this because it can eat your Klein star's its happened to me dozens of times. Most servers have the plugin things like that happen and you get over it. Tr dupe is another, no more shift clicking Red Matter furnaces or alchemy bag dupes. I also feel this should be a white list server (if it isn't). since MineTown had all most always been a white list server the griefing quotient is quite low, Thus a lot of banned items are not required. Based on your list that seems to be this case. I agree that some aspects of E.E. lower the amount of time you want to play on the server. I am curious to know what our Tekkit server and now our FTB server is being hosted on? If i'm not mistaken we have our original MineTown server from a year ago not in use. I would say Thaumcraft is something i'm looking forward to as i have never used it, along with many of the new features of FTB. Lastly i want to say that in the current state our FTB server is a disaster and is not playable. so a map reset will do us so much good, and so will the planed bug fixes.

Thanks for hearing my input

-Lance
I feel that once creative is gone and the map is reset lag might decrease their are a lot of world anchor's placed...
To clarify, red matter and klien stars are not in ftb lance and are now using EE3 so all the game breaking stuff from tekkit has been removed
Good to hear.