Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] FTB Update and current news 12/16
Started by [E] Italy08

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the progress of the FTB server. We will be remaining in our Beta stage for awhile longer. We are waiting for proper plugin support for forge servers. The project we are waiting on is moving quite fast and should be fully released here soon.

As for the current bugs that have been reported they have been fixed in the 1.4.5 server release. This release will also include thaumcraft. Redpower is still up in the air as to when it will be added. Mojang has released yet another snapshot for MC which usually means redpower will be delayed again <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>

The following items will be banned for our alpha release. Please not that this list is not final as of yet.

Nukes:

Really nothing unexpected here. They have no real roll in our servers and are just used to cause massive holes in the world and lag.

Quarries:

BC quarries will be disabled as well. There are much more efficient methods (turtles) then quarries. They also cause massive amounts of lag and errors.

Factorization:

Factorization mod is somewhat pointless and causes tons of lag. It doesn't really add much to the server except 12 new ways to do something you can already do with other mods. There is also a massive bug with the 1.4.5 release that causes a lot of problems. Ultimately nothing is really lost with this plugin.

Portal Gun Changes:

Live portal view - Instead of having a constant image update and cause lag we will switch to the static image. Functionality of the mod remains unchanged

Moon portal - This will be fully disabled due to its grief potential. Again funtionality of the mod will remain unchanged.

Mystcraft changes:

Pending testing of the 1.4.5 release we may disable meteor worlds. Many people including myself have experienced crashes due to meteors.

That is all the changes I have as of right now. As more issues arise we might add onto this list. Please remember to act responsibly on our FTB server the purpose is for testing not using nukes to tear it up. I have already had to ban one person so far and wasn't happy about it. This testing process is vital to insure we can run smoothly without the fear of yet another reset. I know you (the users) can't see the work we are putting into this project but I can insure you its a daily project for a majority of our staff.

Considering this is a test server and we are in creative would we mind a map reset? This would fix the issues of the lag caused by all the nukes and other abuses from immature people. Sadly since we are in creative we cannot disable the nukes <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object> Anyways please weigh in on the issue and let me know. I would also like to get a group together of at least 5-10 people to properly test mystcraft. We will be creating as many worlds as we possibly can to see the impact of this on the server. I am still unclear as to whether or not mystcraft causes issues other then whats already been discussed.

Anyone that knows a lot about Thaumcraft please contact me as I have lots of questions about it.

Thanks,

Italy08

If you want to play around with Thuamcraft, the Technic Pack on the Technic launcher has it. I don't really like it, the Taint can completely ruin the landscape. And you can possibly generate taint to grief someone else's land.
Hey All, Been playing on a couple of servers while I try and get FTB to work. I seen an interesting concept where they only allowed you to build a factory in a certain location on plots. This area was run 24/7 so no anchors ect where required and I did not experience any lag except when the server was saving.

Outside of this area certain items where banned like relays/energy collectors. I personally thought it worked very well.
Relays and Energy collectors are apart of Equivalent Exchange which is not part of the FTB mod pack. Part of the reason we like it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Equivalent Exchange removes the over time play ability of a server, Being able to make an array that generates anything out of sunlight is a little to over powered. Not having this mod should allow players to have a much better over time playing experience then if it was there.
Ahhh no problems sounds good.
With all this talk of removing mods like buidcraft and potentially redpower, I am getting a bit concerned about cross-mod-dependent items.. One of the major issues would be that mixed metal ingots can only be made with either a RP machine (alloy furnace) or a BC one (rolling machine). If both of those are gone, then it becomes impossible to make advanced alloys and thus pretty much half of all IC2 stuff. Also, forestry is somewhat dependent on BC, although it has its electrical engine item which should make it okay... There might be other cross-dependent items too; I'll keep an eye out for them as I play this pack..
You make mixed metal ingots with 3 of each: refined iron, tin, and bronze in a crafting table. Then you throw them in a compressor to make advanced alloys. All of that is IC2 stuff.
We do not want to remove red power but it may be needed until as it is currently not updated to 1.4.5 and will prob not be updated till 1.5. As for buildcraft we do not plan to remove it only some features of it such as fillers and quarry's, the reason for the removal of those it due to the lag they cause and the ease at which they can be used for griefing.

We are currently looking into creating out own pack instead of using Tekkit for FTB. This will allow us to have more control over the updating of mods as well as better control over the server. If we decide to go with this option we would be using the same update system that Tekkit and FTB use allowing us to provide you a self updating client.

We ask that you be patient as we access all of our options in creating the best possible and grief free server for you to play on.
ebay269 wrote:
You make mixed metal ingots with 3 of each: refined iron, tin, and bronze in a crafting table. Then you throw them in a compressor to make advanced alloys. All of that is IC2 stuff.

Umm... I tried that, and it definitely did not let me craft... Do you mean a vanilla crafting table or something else?