Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New to the Server
Started by [E] Will Mess

Hey I was recently accepted to the server but am just now getting a chance to play since I've been busy with things. I'm not exactly sure what I need to do so I can talk and do things on the main server. I would appreciate any help. Thanks and hope to see you out there.
Welcome to Minetown. First, you need to complete an application at http://minetown.net/join. It typically takes a few hours or a day to be granted full membership after completing the application. Until membership is granted, you can begin collecting some building materials in the Guestworld (portal located in the tunnel right beside spawn).

You probably also want to familiarize yourself with common server commands and the petition system. Reading the Wiki should be really helpful.

Once you're all good to go, contact me in game (Odarus), and I will help you get started on your way. I'll be on around 7pm EST tonight.
Thanks for the response Odarus. I have already done an application and it has been accepted. I've played in the wildlands quite a bit. My main question was when I'm in the Main world and try to talk it says you must join the channel before you can speak. I wasn't sure what to do. Also where can you collect materials other than the wildlands? I'm getting my feet wet so I appreciate any help.
I see - glad you've been accepted. So if you're in the main world and wish to chat, first you'll want to type /ch g which will put you in Global Chat. After you enter Global Chat, you can just press enter and join in the conversations. Some other chats below, if you're interested:

/ch trade : Puts you in the trade channel, used only for player exchanges (trades, selling, buying, auctions).

/ch l : Puts you in local chat, anything you say while in /ch l will be heard only by those nearby. If nobody is nearby, you'll get a message to let you know.

One thing you may want to keep in mind - once you join a chat, your messages will be sent to that chat until switching to another chat. So if you join local but wish to change back to global, just do /ch g again.

Nice player skin btw!!
1) Earn money by voting

2) Be smart

3) Optional, but recommended: be friendly

4) Talk to people on main chat
I also warn you: have a calculator out when shopping and make sure to look around shops before buying. Just a helpful tip for new players.
Welcome to Minetown! As a new member I shall give you some beggining money to help you along your way!
CytoCraft wrote:
I also warn you: have a calculator out when shopping and make sure to look around shops before buying. Just a helpful tip for new players.

I agree with Cyto 100% (hes actually one of the better people to buy from!!)