Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mob Arena in Main?
Started by [E] Wrong Account

The topic I have raised here should be reasonably self-explanatory.

But, I'm aware a lot of people have never even stepped foot in the PvP server, so will have no idea what MA is.

Here is a quick run-through:

You pay 100mtc to join a lobby. In there, you may be joined by friends as you select your 'class'. Your class determiones what items you are given - Archer class gives bow and low-end armor, Knight gives medium armour and Diamond sword, Chemist gives gold armour and a load of potions.

Once you have all decided to start the match, you are teleported into the arena with your equipment and your friends.

And that is where it begins.

You will face hordes of monsters, starting on Wave 1, where you might fight 4 or so mobs. The higher your 'wave', the more variety and quantity of mobs you face.

You will come across periodic 'special waves' wherein you might be sent charged creepers, or swarms of zombies on low health.

You will come across special 'boss' monsters - essentially regular mobs with superpowers.

You will also be given rewards now and again, based on your performance - which can at later stages include diamond items.

Ultimately, you will work as a team to survive.

Should you die, you will be sent outside the arena to spectate, and your team will be one down.

Have I not explained it well enough? then simply /server pvp, and /ma join. THIS WILL COST 100mtc which can be obtained HERE.

From there, click a sign to select your 'class', and click the ironblock to signal you are ready.

However, I realise MA could be seen by some as being unique to PvP, and having it on another server would ruin it.

On the other hand - players now have more credits than ever. This would be an EXCELLENT credit sink, especially when large groups play - 100mtc per player would add up very fast, and I'm sure richer players would happily send over a seemingly paltry 100mtc so they can play it with a friend.

There is an argument that players could simply be directed to go to PvP server if they wish to play MA, but MA would get far more exposure on the vastly more popular Main.

So the key question is (In case for some reason you deigned the above text to be evil and as such did not read it):

Should we have a 'Mob Arena' in Main?

Again, if you don't know what this is, go check it out <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Could just tell everyone to go on PVP <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I would like to see something like this on the main, however I do feel as though it would be used just as much as it is on the PVP server, which isn't much.
Is it that hard to do /server pvp, /ma join? .-.
I realise this could be an option (as I stated in OP), but I honestly do believe people will simply opt not to hop servers for some casual MA.

Hence main ;3

Also allows for easier spreading by word of mouth, as people who decide to stay in global while in mob arena might be going "LOL wow this is awesome!" which would bring it to the attention of more people.

My thought process is more along the lines of having it in Main as well will get it used far more often <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object> Which, as a credit sink, would be the aim <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

TL;DR I genuinely believe that it being in the PvP server lowers the amount of people that will use it by quite a bit.
I would love to see this but i think it is really a fun thing to do on pvp server and unless there was some goal ie mcmo on main wat is the point.
I completely agree- fun and great for the economy! ^^
Idellechi wrote:

How is that great for the economy? You get prizes per level, and its fairly easy to get 10+ gold xD
Gotmilk wrote:
Idellechi wrote:

How is that great for the economy? You get prizes per level, and its fairly easy to get 10+ gold xD

Well it burns credits fast, and gold is worthless because of Zio's changes
Idellechi wrote:
Gotmilk wrote:
Idellechi wrote:

Well it burns credits fast, and gold is worthless because of Zio's changes

You can still acquire other things <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>