Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] MCwormwood Scamming [Staff please read]
Started by Unknown User

I am reporting a player named MCwormwood, He was trying to tell me he has rare items, including a "admin made" magic wand, and 26 fire blocks, in which he claims are the last ones in the existence of mt, I would like to see something done, before he tricks someone not as smart.

THyO8.png

w6fFq.png

37uLn.png

UfJqy.png

Thanks, I've dealt with him.
Thanks <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I'd like to add to this, incase it'll affect things in anyway...

He also sold me a fireblock ( don't worry, I handed it to Leo when he logged on) and I have screenshots of him saying he STOLE them from an unprotected chest.

The 'admin-wand' was a melon stem from Adminshop I gave him for the fireblock. This tells me he continued to try and sell the fire blocks after I told him it was bannable to steal from chests, to which he replied 'ok i just droppped them in lava'.

Just letting you know, he appears to be pushing his luck a bit too far. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
He told me that he obtained those items through some "glitch in the chunks." He proceeded to try and sell me those items after seeing them, but I was suspicious as to where he could have gotten a fire block in the first place, so I declined.
So, he had an item, that does nothing, cost no one much of anything, whats the issue.

These items are good for one thing only. Holding. Whats the harm in that.

Also where exactly does he say they are the last and only ones in MT. Don't see that anywhere.

I'm not saying he was in the right 100% but this seems to be blown out of proportion completely. I really hope this is only a 48hour ban and that he is spoken to about this. Bannable items should be items that DO things or that cause problems. if an item does neither whats the big deal. i wish i could have a wand or a fireblock to carry around even if they do nothing.

If Adam had one of these items that are OH SO BAD, and he traded it for another, despite coming forward about it, he still had one, somehow,,,, and then traded for another. If MCwormwood got banned, why didn't he.

This is only the second time I have voiced my opinion on the forums. I was banned because of it. I hope we don't repeat that.

Things like this don't make me want to stick around MT very much.
Knox902 wrote:
So, he had an item, that does nothing, cost no one much of anything, whats the issue.

Also where exactly does he say they are the last and only ones in MT. Don't see that anywhere.

I'm not saying he was in the right 100% but this seems to be blown out of proportion completely. I really hope this is only a 48hour ban and that he is spoken to about this. Bannable items should be items that DO things or that cause problems. if an item does neither whats the big deal. i wish i could have a wand or a fireblock to carry around even if they do nothing.

If Adam had one of these items that are OH SO BAD, and he traded it for another, despite coming forward about it, he still had one, somehow,,,, and then traded for another. If MCwormwood got banned, why didn't he.

This is only the second time I have voiced my opinion on the forums. I was banned because of it. I hope we don't repeat that.

The main issue was that he exploited chunk errors in the ground (also can be considered xray) and stole them from an unprotected chest.
Ahh I see, Thats a bit of a different picture than what was painted. Personally i don't touch chests that are not mine but IMO if someone doesnt protect their land, or lock their chests/furnaces than they did not take their own due diligence to do so and it should be free game. It sure would take a load off the mods pe's. We have protection server mods in place for a reason. I feel like that takes a level of realism out of the game. But, like i said, just my opinion. I personally have more than enough of everything to do me fine.
Knox902 wrote:

Adam wrote:
I'd like to add to this, incase it'll affect things in anyway...

He also sold me a fireblock ( don't worry, I handed it to Leo when he logged on) and I have screenshots of him saying he STOLE them from an unprotected chest.

The 'admin-wand' was a melon stem from Adminshop I gave him for the fireblock. This tells me he continued to try and sell the fire blocks after I told him it was bannable to steal from chests, to which he replied 'ok i just droppped them in lava'.

Just letting you know, he appears to be pushing his luck a bit too far.

1, He is selling stolen goods :3

2, Because I obtained mine to hand in as proof, which also allowed me to chat to him and obtain screenshots, providing more evidence. Leo was the first staff to log on, and I gave it to him as soon as he logged on ^-^

3, As Xcoaster says. the fact he is has the item isn't such an issue. It's that he stole from an unprotected chest, and then proceeded to sell the illgotten gains. Usally with fireblock holders, they'd have them taken away and asked where they got them.

just seen your post above.....mbad <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
This player has been dealt with and his ban appeal processed.

/locked.