Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Rule Change Suggestion
Started by [E] soccerjj1

I believe that this rule should be changed: Only join a faction for legitimate teamwork.

Although I think this rule is more ethical than the alternative, I do not believe it should be allowed (at least not in its current state). Deception and betrayal are a large part of most faction servers, and they require owners to put thought into who they add to their faction.

If the staff chooses to keep this rule, then I propose an alteration. Because it is extremely difficult to know what somebody's original intentions are (short of them explicitly stating them), it might be better to say you're not allowed to intentionally betray your faction whatsoever. It would still be hard to determine if a betrayal was intentional and if the person that betrayed their faction knew about the rule prior to it, but it would leave less to speculation than the current rule.
Soccer, the pvp server permits betrayal and such. Its the pvp nature. The only thing to do is be careful.
I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say... I think betrayals should be allowed, but that you SHOULD be allowed to join even with the intent of betraying them.
I believe accepting people at the discretion of the faction leader is the best idea, like we currently have. If you say you HAVE to accept someone, knowing they will betray you and steal all your stuff... why bother playing the pvp server if you know you don't have a chance? The current system is appropriate, I believe.

"soccerjj1, I'm going to betray you, kill you and everyone, and stall all your stuff as well as let this other faction take over your base... so... accept me into your faction, that's the rule." Do you really want this to happen? Of course, I'm taking your words to the highest case scenario into what you said. But you've stated that you want to be forced, by rules, to allow me into your faction, and I have to state my intent... so now you're all dead. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Of course, I don't play the pvp server however I can see the problem with your suggestion. I mean no offense to you, of course.

And to say... all betrayals are intentional. You have to choose to betray your faction, don't you? If you choose it, you've showed the intent at least a few moments before the betrayal.
No, that's not what I'm saying at all. The current rule states that if someone invites you to their faction, you can't join them if you plan on betraying them. I disagree with this rule because if you invite them, it's your fault if you get raided. And an example of an unintentional betrayal is if you misread a TP request and teleport an enemy into your base.
It's not that hard to understand what hes trying to say lol.
On the old PvP server, a well known strategy to raid a base was to get one of your own members infiltrate into another faction.

The person persuades the enemy faction to let him join. Then, once he's inside, teleports his buddies in who raid the place all over.

The atmosphere on the server grew rather tense. You automatically have to suspect any new member of trying to betray you. New members didn't have any chance to join the already settled down factions, because they were considered suspicious.

I believe Danny introduced this rule (Only join a faction for legitimate teamwork) to counter that and to ensure a strong faction can't get ransacked in just one day.

In my opinion, this rule was a great addition. There's still plenty of ways to raid an enemy's base. Most of them require some more skill though than just walking in.
yea...i think this rule is needed if PVP is to survive long term. when betrayals happen too frequently, everyone loses interest and the pvp server dies (like it did this summer...)
Landro wrote:
On the old PvP server, a well known strategy to raid a base was to get one of your own members infiltrate into another faction.

The person persuades the enemy faction to let him join. Then, once he's inside, teleports his buddies in who raid the place all over.

The atmosphere on the server grew rather tense. You automatically have to suspect any new member of trying to betray you. New members didn't have any chance to join the already settled down factions, because they were considered suspicious.

I believe Danny introduced this rule (Only join a faction for legitimate teamwork) to counter that and to ensure a strong faction can't get ransacked in just one day.

In my opinion, this rule was a great addition. There's still plenty of ways to raid an enemy's base. Most of them require some more skill though than just walking in.

i remember me joining a faction

And then the same day Teleporting Coffeey,Pred,Danny,Zak ( if more i forgot bout them)

Inside the base itself
Lol I remember that much too well. Anyways, this illustrates my point. It's not that big of a deal to just suck it up and start over. And Landro, there are still loopholes in the rule that people will definitely exploit, so people are still generally going to be suspicious of new members.