Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Banned for spamming
Started by [E] nottsw3tt

Username: n0ttsweet

When you were banned : 11/09/12 3:35pm EST

Person who banned you: MastaC729

Reason you were banned: I was spamming chat with death messages, after receiving two warnings from MastaC directly via mumble chat.

Server: PVP

I was training acrobatics and decided the most effective way was to die, respawn and train again. He (masta) suggested along with CheckersFX that i NOT die and train another way. I asked for a recommendation on means to that end and potions were suggested. seeing as how i do not have any regen potions or any access to making mass quantities of them. I decided this was not an effective way to train my acro and resumed my current method.

masta warned me a second time, at this point i told him i was not going to stop since i was not deliberately spamming chat, and although it was a side effect of my action i was did not have malicious intent.

i told him if he (masta) had a viable way for me to continue doing what i was doing without spamming i was more than willing to comply. i then said what i was doing was not illegal. he then,shall we say, 'exploded' screaming into the mic that for christs sake i should stop because it is illegal and he is not messing around.

furthermore, this is the first ban i have ever had on minetown in a little over a year of playing. (on and off) never had any action taken against me by a mod or an other staff member.

mastaC is a great mod and ive only ever had one other fiasco with him after which we came to a common ground and (at least i believe) were on the same side.

i am under t he assumption that ill be allowed back on eventually, and purposely sought a ban b/c it was a problem i felt might be better addressed by a consortium of individuals rather than just me and mastaC

Thank you and have a great day!

n0ttsweet
I have looked into your appeal for you. Really quickly I would like to note some things that came up.

During the issue you were practicing your acrobatic skills by falling and dieing. The issue that you may not have known is that, it was not only spamming MastaC's notifications but the death message is global and i think the part that wasn't communicated well was that he wanted you to stop just in case it is suppressing other players chat menu when they are trying to use it.

Another thing is that MastaC said that he gave you other alternative options instead of dieing to train your levels, weather or not you listened to them the fact that you told MastaC that you would not stop because you didn't mean to deliberately flood global chat with notifications could be taken as disrespecting an admin. I am sure you did not mean to disrespect him or make him frustrated, but I'd like you to keep in mind that when a mod or an admin tells you to stop something, it's for a good reason.

having that said. while looking at your records, this is the only ban you had. therefore it is "taken as a warning" - MastaC.

You shall unban you but please keep in mind there are more efficient ways to train levels regardless of weather your doing something deliberately or not make sure you are listening to an admin.

/locked.