Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] When will items be transferable from main world1 to main world2 ?
Started by [E] antonyoo

dunsjohn wrote:
it was never formally stated that it would be allowed.

I believe that "cross-worlds inventory: yes", being stated on a page that introduces Minetown's different worlds, is "minetown formally stating" that corss-worlds inventory will be enabled.

And so, I believe that staff did make a mistake. A mistake that wasted a great deal of my time, as well as others who believed what Minetown told them.

You claim that "we should not believe everything we read". Yes, I agree. But do you not believe that information stated on a page that introduces Minetowns different worlds should be assumed to be true? Why would you rather put the information into the category that cannot be deemed to be reliable? Then we would not be able to rely on an extensive amount of information on Minetown. I find this to be ridiculous.

If our differences lie in sheer semantics, I have no problem ending the discussion here. But if you have any other issues, any comments are welcome.

And even if they announce it later on, the fact that they said cross-worlds inventory was going to be "enabled" instead "we dont know yet" is a mistake on their part.
Main2 "COMING SOON." I do believe that in a planning phase, things could change. As I said, the intent could have been to enable it, but now it is not the case. As well, talking to sawine and Yield... Main2 is currently in "beta." So it is not "finished." A lot of things can change, don't ever assume something will be set in stone at all in life. Everything has the potential to change drastically. So in a way, no offense, you've been wasting your own time. As well, I don't know how your time was wasted?

As I said, the INTENT might have been for it to be enabled, but you refuse to read that every time I say it. INTENTS are not certainties.
Funny thing, now I actually agree with you.

I believe a sensible person should take comments regarding the main world2, which is still under development, to be subject to great change. And therefore, unreliable, in terms of predicting what the actual finalized decision will be.

I will now be more skeptical about relying on any information regarding main world2, when it comes to making practical decisions in-game. I will simply wait for changes to be finalized before doing anything regarding main world2, or accept the terms in which I could be taking risks with my time. Thank you.
Honestly, there's not really any risk with time. Here's the thing" It is practically vanilla besides the warp, shop, and all other needed plugins. The only bad thing about Main2 is the lag problem. The lag only affects grass/mycelium growth and farm growth. Along with the occasional passive mob glitch. Block placement / destruction is unaffected so you can pretty much build whatever, there. It's best to get an early start building so you can get the land you want. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Also sorry for not being so clear before. That statement you said you agreed with was what I was trying to say from the beginning. Waking up early from 3 hour sleep = I'm a sad panda who can't formulate sentences in a manner that makes sense to others. I apologize.
Originally there was a plan to allow the transfer, but as the main world has become so over inflated with resources, we decided (quite some time ago, and did announce it repeatedly) that inventories would not be xferable, especially considering we are hoping to have main2 be a more RP based server. Your MTCs are the only thing currently allowed across. We want the main2 to be a fresh start so anyone can get up to the top ranks, not just those who are already there being able to control everything.
And so it was written,

That because these items will not be carried over, ShadowEXP will stay in the current world!
WhatItDo wrote:
True there may be miscommunications but if that is the case then there will most likely be an announcement later once main 2 becomes a little more developed.

in my opinion since this has been planned that it "has always been this way" that since this was many months ago this should of been official announced.

please feel free to give me a link to an official source if i am mistaken.
lancefortier wrote:
WhatItDo wrote:
True there may be miscommunications but if that is the case then there will most likely be an announcement later once main 2 becomes a little more developed.

in my opinion since this has been planned that it "has always been this way" that since this was many months ago this should of been official announced.

please feel free to give me a link to an official source if i am mistaken.
Zionia wrote:
Originally there was a plan to allow the transfer, but as the main world has become so over inflated with resources, we decided (quite some time ago, and did announce it repeatedly) that inventories would not be xferable, especially considering we are hoping to have main2 be a more RP based server. Your MTCs are the only thing currently allowed across. We want the main2 to be a fresh start so anyone can get up to the top ranks, not just those who are already there being able to control everything.

There ya go. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Why can't you take Zionia's word for it? A mod (Zio) has made this statement yet you still ask for proof... >.>