Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] When will items be transferable from main world1 to main world2 ?
Started by [E] antonyoo

When will items be transferable from main world1 to main world2 ?

thanks.
I believe that at some point, inventory items will be allowed to be carried over. As for builds, you may need to pay the $5 for a WE to have it moved. But I'm not sure on that.
Madster It might cost more for the WE Depending on the size of your build. If you look under the "Donations" section of the website (near the bottom of that page) it shows the cost vrs Size of WE.
Items will not be carried over, Main2 is meant to be a new world, not some extension of main1.
Grifff wrote:
Items will not be carried over, Main2 is meant to be a new world, not some extension of main1.

When did this update in plans happen?
It's always been this way, antonyoo. It was a rumor spread by other members that you can transfer items. I've been on Main2 since day1, I've read about it since it was first announced and no staff have EVER mentioned being able to transfer items.
perhaps the staff should be more careful when choosing their words, i too Had no idea they were non transferable their were a lot of hints that they would be and no official announcement they wouldn't, (furthering my point the world seemed like it would be done like 6+ months ago giving the staff an extended period of time to tell us) perhaps one should be made cause i'm not the only one who thought this was the case
dunsjohn wrote:
It's always been this way, antonyoo. It was a rumor spread by other members that you can transfer items. I've been on Main2 since day1, I've read about it since it was first announced and no staff have EVER mentioned being able to transfer items.

Even before the main world2 came out, it was stated that cross world inventory would be enabled. And you can see where everyone based their "rumors" here: http://www.minetown.net/join (put your mouse over main world2).

Also, I remember having this verified by a staff member in-game. I can't remember who though. If a mod would be willing to go through my chat logs, it'll be there somewhere.

I am very frustrated with the lack of notice regarding this matter. Or rather, failure to remove wrong information from the site. I have been saving up items to start building in the main world2. And now, it seems as though I have wasted a great deal of my time.
Here's all I'll say: Yes, it says it is transferable on the link you provided. However, don't believe everything you read. And one mod told you, yet I've heard from 3 mods and admin that it would not be. There could be miscommunication between staff in that the one who told you made a mistake. As well, it could have been *intended* for cross communication during the planning phase, but there hasn't been any announcement so don't assume and then ask where it is, because it was never formally stated that it would be allowed.
True there may be miscommunications but if that is the case then there will most likely be an announcement later once main2 becomes a little more developed.