Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Tekkit Server News - October 28
Started by [E] MastaC729

xXMasterJackXx wrote:
Kong wrote:
MastaC729 wrote:

Third, a list of EE items will be banned due to abuse. These items are:

- Catalytic Lens

- Destruction Catalyst

- Hyperkinetic Lens

- Volcanite Amulet

- Evertide Amulet

-MastaC

Are Collectors/Relays not being banned? I honestly think they need to.

If they were banned, I think people would be angry due to "Factory Making", so, I presume they left it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f613.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":undecided:">:undecided:</object>

Thats what Industrial Craft is for though.
MaP Res3t!!!! RAGE QUIT
Fettuccini wrote:
xXMasterJackXx wrote:
Kong wrote:
MastaC729 wrote:

Third, a list of EE items will be banned due to abuse. These items are:

- Catalytic Lens

- Destruction Catalyst

- Hyperkinetic Lens

- Volcanite Amulet

- Evertide Amulet

-MastaC

Are Collectors/Relays not being banned? I honestly think they need to.

If they were banned, I think people would be angry due to "Factory Making", so, I presume they left it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f613.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":undecided:">:undecided:</object>

Thats what Industrial Craft is for though.

I agree, the fact of harvesting ANYTHING from light does seem a bit, cheaty...
Guys we left EE mostly intact due to the fact that there is a need for a lot of what EE offers. Taking out condensors would mean people would use more quarries. Quarries will lag us out pretty bad as people dont know how to setup things properly. Nor do they maintain the quarries and just leave massive holes in the world with constant flowing water that is constantly updating.

I have read a lot of complaints about EE but realize that tekkit is about the technology and building advanced factories ect. Its not about mining for five days just so you can build one item. There is so much tekkit has to offer none of which is ruined by EE. Funny that most of the people saying EE needs to be removed had massive Condensor flowers producing just to produce with no purpose once so ever.

Move on EE wont be removed neither will condensors or relays. Our goal was to take out extremely damaging items such as the ones listed. People used these for massive griefing or tearing huge holes in the world and for what?

We will continue to monitor tekkit and work hard to prevent lag. If you don't like collectors or relays then don't use them.
Italy08 wrote:
Guys we left EE mostly intact due to the fact that there is a need for a lot of what EE offers. Taking out condensors would mean people would use more quarries. Quarries will lag us out pretty bad as people dont know how to setup things properly. Nor do they maintain the quarries and just leave massive holes in the world with constant flowing water that is constantly updating.

I have read a lot of complaints about EE but realize that tekkit is about the technology and building advanced factories ect. Its not about mining for five days just so you can build one item. There is so much tekkit has to offer none of which is ruined by EE. Funny that most of the people saying EE needs to be removed had massive Condensor flowers producing just to produce with no purpose once so ever.

Move on EE wont be removed neither will condensors or relays. Our goal was to take out extremely damaging items such as the ones listed. People used these for massive griefing or tearing huge holes in the world and for what?

We will continue to monitor tekkit and work hard to prevent lag. If you don't like collectors or relays then don't use them.

Disabling quarries so people start using IC miners instead would solve that. Not only are they cheaper to make than a quarry, but they collect ores from the same 9x9 as a quarry does, but without making giant gaping holes in the ladscape. Oh yeah, and as long as a chest is placed next to them to collect the items, there is no chance of overflow like buildcraft is notorious for. Win/win? I think so.
I have 2 questions...

1) Is this current map going to be permanent? I'd like to know if my things will get wiped again <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

2) I've noticed "/cprivate" locks the usual; chests, doors etc. However, other members can use most of your machines, iron(copper/silver/gold/diamond/crystal) chests and relay thingies without permission? Was wondering if there will be a patch for this, otherwise all these things have to be contained behind a cprivated door :L

Thanks~
xXMasterJackXx wrote:
I have 2 questions...

1) Is this current map going to be permanent? I'd like to know if my things will get wiped again <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

2) I've noticed "/cprivate" locks the usual; chests, doors etc. However, other members can use most of your machines, iron(copper/silver/gold/diamond/crystal) chests and relay thingies without permission? Was wondering if there will be a patch for this, otherwise all these things have to be contained behind a cprivated door :L

Thanks~

1. I will be doing everything in my power to insure this map is permanent. That being said though I could never promise a map reset will never be needed ever again. To many variables to make that kind of promise.

2. Ill have to look into this one. Due to the fact that all these mods are made by different devs its not uncommon for things not to work properly together.
i was wanting to know how to get to the nether or rather how do i get glowstone on the new map ?
Rab wrote:
i was wanting to know how to get to the nether

Well, make yourself a Diamond Pickaxe, mine some obsidian, and build either one of these shapes with it;

33422a9.png

Then, you must light this frame with a mystical Flint and Steel and watch it turn in to a magical portal!

Step through the purpley bliss into the land known as the nether!
Rab wrote:
how do i get glowstone on the new map ?

Same as above to start with...

Then, when you get into the nether, you must find yourself a cluster of glowstone blocks hovering around on the ceiling...

Mine a few of these blocks and you will be rewarded with some lurvly glowstone dust! Which you can later turn back into glowstone!

Hope this helps!

;D
I for one am glad that MastaC isn't removing the EE items. I hear a lot of people saying that EE ruins Tekkit and needs to be removed because it makes it unfun but just like what people are saying here. It's also not fun to try to build some fantastic machine or some huge factory and have to mine for days just to make one item. Yes mining is part of the experience but EE when not being completely abused by things like the items being removed takes the menial resource gathering out and allows players to focus on not only building their fantastic creations but also on using the resources that EE brings to their fullest in creative ways to accomplish something.

I do have a question however. Since Evertide and Volcanite are being banned, what is that going to mean for the Gem Armor? Are the two amulets still craftable but their actives not usable? Or are they just flat out unable to be crafted? I'd just like to know before I go building up the EMC to make the Gem Armor only to find out that I can't craft it. I know there are other options like the Nano and Quantum sets But I am curious about this.