Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Tekkit users read! You have been warned
Started by [E] Italy08

I have started to remove machines and systems that are setup improperly! There is no need to have your machines causing lag for the entire server! There is no excuse for having timers set to 0.200s. There is no reason ever that you need to have a timer going that fast. There is no reason not to have a switch to turn things off.

I have removed over 5 million items from one persons home. This person causes lag for everyone on the server and that is unacceptable!

If you dont know what your doing check the wiki watch youtube. Your lack of knowledge is affecting everyones ability to enjoy the server.

You don't need 5000000 billion items!

PS there will be no refunds for what I take. Check your machines and use common sense and you will never lose your stuff
Does this mean there won't be a map reset? <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
This is in the mean time till the final decision is made by MastaC. I know both of us would like to avoid a map reset if possible. So if I am successful in my endeavors perhaps not.

I would highly recommend that people youtube ProfessorLotte and watch her series on factories and alloy furnance automation. This is the technique I am using and is far more efficient then anything you can do with buildcraft pipes. It creates a smart on demand system which is highly scalable. I am working on a demostration factory now so if your on and would like to take a look just let me know.
The map should still be reset. I think Italy is just saying that hes getting tired of ppl not setting stuff up correctly
Italy08 wrote:
This is in the mean time till the final decision is made by MastaC. I know both of us would like to avoid a map reset if possible. So if I am successful in my endeavors perhaps not.

I would highly recommend that people youtube ProfessorLotte and watch her series on factories and alloy furnance automation. This is the technique I am using and is far more efficient then anything you can do with buildcraft pipes. It creates a smart on demand system which is highly scalable. I am working on a demostration factory now so if your on and would like to take a look just let me know.

May you could make a message to new players telling them to build lag efficient factories and a link to ProfessorLotte's youtube homepage so that them newbies at the tekkit system (like me, im relatively new to tekkit) doesnt build laggy stuff. I had no idea that pipes created lag before these post began to pop up.

Maybe even make a toturial to tekkit so new players could learn from that too.

I think that this could help avoiding lagging factories <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

Johan-
8x8johan wrote:

Maybe even make a tutorial to tekkit so new players could learn from that too.

Thats an amazing idea. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

Have like different rooms for the different mods?

I'd help make it, it could be like a community project thingeh..?

<object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I am working on a tutorial area as we speak have been for two days. If I am on I am always willing to help people. However there is plenty of information out there already and people need to do their research. Most of our lag problems can be solved by common sense. You dont need timers set to 0.200s or 10,000 lamps.

For example if you set timers to .200s the timer is sending a signal to the server 5 times a second. Multiply this by 50 timers and your sending 250 msgs a second not to mention the numerous items thrown into the pipes which are additional server load. At this setting your actually trying to pull items faster then machines can process whatever your trying to make.

Tips to avoid lag:

1. Off switches or on demand systems

2. Think of what you plan to do. If your building a factory where are you putting each step? How are you getting materials to the next location? How long does it take the machine to make a stack of that item? All of this will help you plan your factory to be efficient.

3. If it looks like a mess then its probably a lag machine.

4. Research! Youtube, Google, Tekkit wiki are all good sources for information

5. Common sense. Do you really need 10 machines to do one job? Do you need 5k lamps? Stop and think for a second of what your asking the server to do.

6. Be reasonable do you really need to be running that machine if you already have diamond chests full of it already? Surplus isn't good.

7. Crystal chests are pretty but cause lag. They continuously animate the items within and give you no more space then a diamond chest.

This is a really good server and yes I am getting frustrated with users that wont listen or even try to reduce the lag they cause. I want this to be a great server for all and not allow it to be ruined by a few people.
Hiya! I think the turorial room is a great idea too! I'd love to help, and I could film the turorials as well. I'm usually on mumble, so just give me a shout if you need any assistance! Thanks! <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>