Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] A Thing to Consider Before Making a Mod Application
Started by [E] Bobby [2]

How to get staff:

1. Be nice and helpful without being a pain in the arse (brown-nosing is a no no)

2. Don't talk about becoming staff, making a mod app, asking if you should make a mod app, saying you hope to be chosen repeatedly...arghhhhhhh so annoying, haha

3. Make us all sammiches and be our slaves....jk that's trial mods (I'm kidding <3)

Also, Zio is right, posting a mod app when you're under 16 to become a helper is the best way to not get helper! People seem to forget when the rank first came out it was said do not ask for helper, it's a special rank that's given, not applied for.
Sharing this link to help understand people how to become a Helper. DON'T POST AN APPLICATION BICHES. :3

About the Helper Rank.
1. Don’t ask for staff, don’t hint on your wall or ask other players to like your application. Hinting about wanting staff is more than annoying and one of the biggest pet peeves for most staff.

2. Don’t post an application if you are under 16, no exceptions. Helper is the only rank you would be acceptable for.

3. Don’t ask for Helper. If you are good enough and we need staff we will come to you. Only exceptional players get Helper, recommendations for players also help but we do find out if they had been asked for and this majorly reduces any chances you may have. So don’t try to be sneaky.

4. Lying about your age is a huge no. If you do get staff and we find out you would be demoted quicker than I can eat a Dorito. There is no point ruining your chances of staff by lying. We do not want people in staff who lie about the little things to get what they want.

5. Be friendly and welcoming for players, others would feel more comfortable going to you for help. You will get to know people and make a lot of friends that way.

6. Help with anything you can; this doesn’t mean just staff things like answering questions. Help someone build something, donate some of your possessions to newer players, answer any questions that come up in chat. Put yourself in a new players shoes, they are confused and don’t have anyone they know; become that friend they need and would rely on.

7. Use mumble is a big one, you don’t have to always be on it but if ever a staff meeting comes up you would be needed to attend.

8. Contribute to the server any way you can. We are constantly on the look-out for talented players for a range of ranks. Build in creative and show us your talents! There’s always the possibility we will come to you asking if we can use your builds for important things!

9. Be active and a ‘community player’. Attend events, get to know people, help people, run your own unofficial events, build in creative ect

Honestly my best advice would be to be yourself. Don’t try so hard, enjoy your time on Minetown and get involved with the fun <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Dont cry when you dont get it.
*cries*
Lots of good tips, but the staff are forgetting a few...

• Be a furry (or scaley). sawine likes having lots around him. :sheep:
  • Bonus points if you have an epic spaceship. :glass:
  • Entertaining the staff with pervy clan chats is good too. :notch:

Disclaimer: Taking this reply seriously is not recommended. xD
~Dragoness wrote:

This is why we love you <3
~Dragoness wrote:

HA!

SD%20Zoomed.jpg
That sucks. I was told to post my app anyway because exceptions where sometimes made for people under 16. *Strangles everyone who said that*
~Dragoness wrote:

Win!

I even have my own Nyan Cat shuttle floating around the hub somewhere <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>!