Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Texture Pack Messes Up Coonection? Or is Minecraft just down?
Started by [E] Eissaye

Oh Wow. Title Fail. *Connection

Well, I finally decided to search for a new texture pack.

I just downloaded the "Painterly Texture Pack" and it worked correctly in cingle player, but my connection would time out connecting to Minetown.

I closed Minecraft and then came back to it, but the log in took forever, and then would result in a "Cannot connect to Minecraft.net"

I restarted my computer, and got the same message, but without the log in delay, it woul djust jump straight to the message. I then played offline, and changed my texture pack back to the default pack.

The log in delay then returned, and resulted in another, "Cannot connect to minecraft.net"

My internet connection is working fine. I have 4 bars of connectivity, and the internet works fine (As you can see).

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Ah.

Damn, I feel like an idiot. This always happens to me. Something won't work, and then when I finally get to the point of asking someone about it, it works!

Minecraft updated and let me on, at least to singleplayer. Minetown still seems to be messed up.
Eissaye wrote:
Ah.

Damn, I feel like an idiot. This always happens to me. Something won't work, and then when I finally get to the point of asking someone about it, it works!

Minecraft updated and let me on, at least to singleplayer. Minetown still seems to be messed up.

Its because the transfer is not totally done and that you can still be lucky and connect to the server on a specific moment.

And when you try to connect to a multiplayer, it makes a second connection to minecraft.net , so that means you need to be lucky twice.

what notch should do is build a server bigger than NASA corps