Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Help finding a cheap laptop
Started by [E] destroyer1239

Hey so my old laptop is a piece of *beep* so I have been looking for a cheap laptop ranging from $300-$500 or $600 but I can't seem to in the right 1 I'm looking or 1 that has

1. Windows 7

2. 3d graphic software that I can run minecraft and other games on

3. Fast Internet and can actually hold a stable connection

4. Can hold large amounts of data

5. If possible a camera on inside for ex Skype or self made videos while playing

6. CHEAP!
Cheap... Price Range?
-_- It says the price range in like the second sentance....

(facepalm)
How much RAM? Which type of Processor? AMD or Intel? How big of a screen?
I have a Toshiba Portege Z830. 4gb ram, windows 7, good connection never drops out from my ADSL, wireless, 3d graphics, 400gb of space, touch screen, in built HD sound and visual recorder . It is about $1400 and i know u can get models with out touch screen and only 250gb for about $800 realise it is a bit out but it is not that much. I have no lag on minecraft but do get very small qucik hits ons games like skyrim, borderland2 really just the high end graphic games. You will have to look quite hard to get one without the touch screen. They are now wuite rare.
I bought mine for 1000 Euro 8 RAM i7 2 gig graphic card Cheaper than that you wont get a good computer.
kaypro_ii.jpg
^ I think this one is perfect for your needs destroyer lolol xD
Where can I buy that laptop XD and idk much about ram and stuff but I would kinda like it as an intel processor and what ever laptop is cheap an has a good amount of ram I guess. And screen wise I guess a good sized screen not to big and not to small. I've been looking at the Alienware laptops which look really good and seem to go for around $500 on auctions and etc so ya
This will run you $650. If you can find it <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> It is sold out at a lot of retailers.

I have this computer: Toshiba Satellite P755D-S5379

SPECS:

AMD Quad-Core A8-3500M Accelerated Processor

HDMI Out Drive

6GB DDR3 1333MHz memory (Ram)

640GB HDD (5400rpm, Serial ATA) (Mine had 580)

DVD Drive.

LED Backlight Display (Touch buttons)

1366x768 (HD), 16:9 aspect ratio, Supports 720p content

WebCamera and Microphone.

5 Hour Battery

4 USB Inputs.

A Memory card Reader.

Also Hard Drive heads "Park" If vibration is sensored. Keeps your HD save. Can be Toggled

PICTURE:

satellite_p755d-s5378-600-05.jpg

My Review:

I love it! Runs minecraft smoothly with High Res textures and all those optifine goodies. Keyboard is nice and smooth and has a great feel. The design is nice looking and this laptop definetly doesn't look cheap. It has a nice finish to it. It is light weight yet has a perfect screen size. Speakers sound good as well!

I Have played these games on this laptop: Minecraft (Obvi)

Left 4 Dead 2

Every Online game i have played.

Pokemmo

Arma II (Standard settings)

Payday: The Heist (High Res)

Fallout 3: High Res

Borderlands Max Settings

MW3 Multiplayer

Ran a PS1/Nintendo Ds Emulator nicely.

Team Fortress 2

Batman Arkham City

Probably more I have forgotten.

It runs every game I have tried to play.

Good computer for the price. <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>