Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Pkmn] Your hours?
Started by [E] Danny

What is the longest amount of time you've spent splaying a pokemon game?

Can be from any generation Pokemon Game (Pokemon Red & Blue to Black & White)

I'm almost ashamed to admit I maxed the hours on my Pokemon Blue Cartdridge at 999.99 Hours

Oh my childhood~
16 hours, got off only to pee ( no joke) it was on polemon leaf green :3
I maxed out both Emerald and Diamond, but the hours obviously weren't counted after that, and I have went at least 150 in each of the others, and that's counting each game from each gen (eg i got ruby AND sapphire etc )

Yeah... I spend too much time playing pokemon <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
i missunderstood the thread :3 i thought how much we played straight now all together :3
Hmm, my largest time spent was nowhere near maxed, closest I've come is (i believe) 300+ hours on Pokemon Yellow, and 500+ on Pokemon Silver.

Oh and Pearl for 100+.

The Silver/Yellow times were where I attempted to get every single pokemon I could (not quite possible with box sizes) to Level 100. Gave up at around 50.

Although the Johto Gameboy region cloning/duping glitch would have helped.

I have a Silver cartridge with a Cyndaquil, Chikorita and a Totodile all at level 7. These are my only Pokémon, and I didn't trade with anyone XD
I've been playing this since it first came out in 1998 when I was 6 years old. I remember most days I would play it around friends or TV time. At bed times I would lay in bed and play the game until I was too tired to concentrate anymore. I have definitely maxed out the games a few timeas and only ever once fully completed the pokedex with every single pokemon (Originals ofc, that was before the games made that stupid implementation of 'rare pokemon' you can only get through competitions ect)

I have also wasted countless hours where I have played the game none stop and forgot to save or the battery had died, also as the game got older format corruption happened <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
I got Pokemon Blue when it first came out, the only game I was able to catch all 151 Pokemon. My mom took me to Toys R Us for their Mew event <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
Pokémon Yellow was my first pokémon game ever. I got it for my birthday ages ago along with a Gameboy (you know, the giant square boxes without any colors).

The moment I opened my present I started playing non-stop. I was only a few turds tall and didn't know any english at all.

Started off great by entering my name (Lander), then freaking out when Oak asked me to submit my name again?? (not knowing I had to name my Rival). So my adventure started in Pallet town with the two boys, both named Lander and neighbors of eachother.

It took me three hours to figure out what to do when Oak told me to pick the pokéball off the table. It was actually my sister who found out what to do after I had given up on playing my new toy.

The first gym (Brock, rock pokémon = nemesis of Pikachu which is your starter in yellow) freaked me out. I remember I had my gameboy with me on my very first skiing trip. On the bus I just couldn't beat Brock. My pikachu couldn't damage his pokémon, Ratatta and Pidgey died straight away every time and Metapod only knew Harden.

An older boy on the bus noticed my frustration. He was playing pokémon too and had a brainboy (=device that you plug into your gameboy which pretty much hacks the pokémon game you put into that brainboy, let's you change levels of your pokémon, its moves, ...).

He traded me a lvl 100 Pidgeot for my Rattata. After loafing around for about 15 minutes, that Pidgeot finally killed Brock's Onix.

I'm still eternally grateful to that stranger on the bus, who gave me a kickstart into the adventurous world of Pokémon.

Well, look at me now. More than 10 years later, still playing pokémon and beating every player that challenges me.
Loving the stories!
Yesterday I wasted my master ball on a growlithe by accident :/