Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] PokéTips!
Started by [E] Idellechi

XCoaster wrote:
Nameless5511 wrote:
Would you say a nuzlocke challenge is a good idea?

Not sure if it's a wonderful challenge in Pokemmo lol... Probably for singleplayer, but kudos to you if you can pull it off online.

Stop saying what I wouldve said xD
If you're wanting to EV train your pokemon heres the EV guide:

http://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/336-ev-training-pokemon-list/
Well, i got my abra to level 16 with danny's advice and now he can fight on his own has he is a kadabra <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

But i will have to find one of those exp shares... i really want a garados <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
Guide to creating a well-balanced team

Keeping a well-balanced team is key to winning battles from all types of trainers. Every pokemon has it's strengths and weaknesses in relationship to status and type. Here's my guide to making your pokemon strong against all types of foes.

Have pokemon of many different types on your team to balance strenghts and weaknesses. Aggron is good against Flying types but weak to fighting types. Get a Ggardevoir and you'll be safe from fighting. Gardevoir is weak against Dark Types. Get a Hariyama and you'll be safe from dark types. Hariyama is weak to Flying types, but you have Aggron who is strong against flying types. See where I'm going?

Also, teach your pokemon a variety of moves. Having a Metagross that knows Hyper Beam, Meteor Mash, Gyro Ball and Giga Impact may seem like a good idea at first- But you only will have a total of 25 PP, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact have a power of 150 but require you to rest the next turn. Your Metagross will have a large period of vulnerability. You should have a powerful move, a fast move, a status-changing move, and a move that lets you defend against an opposing type. For example, I know Shock Wave which is fast and never misses, Psychic which is powerful, Sleep Talk that lets me fight under status (Shock Wave also counts here because it can inflict paralysis) and Shadow Ball which lets me fight ghost types- I'm a psychic type which is weak to ghost-types.

So, instead, you can teach your Metagross Hyper beam which is powerful, Toxic which will poison your opponent, and Aerial Ace which never never misses and can defend against metagross' ground-type weakness. The attribute of Speed is hard to balance on slow pokemon like Metagross, so instead of using a fast move you can learn Bulldoze which will lower your opponent's speed.
Its only gen 1 & 2 pokemon on pokemmo I believe (Possibly gen3 but not sure)
DanniDorrito wrote:
Its only gen 1 & 2 pokemon on pokemmo I believe (Possibly gen3 but not sure)

I know, I just use Hoenn pokemon in my examples because I'm familiar with them.
DanniDorrito wrote:
If you're wanting to EV train your pokemon heres the EV guide:

http://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/336-ev-training-pokemon-list/

Thanks Danni ^.^
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Guide to creating a well-balanced team

Keeping a well-balanced team is key to winning battles from all types of trainers. Every pokemon has it's strengths and weaknesses in relationship to status and type. Here's my guide to making your pokemon strong against all types of foes.

Have pokemon of many different types on your team to balance strenghts and weaknesses. Aggron is good against Flying types but weak to fighting types. Get a Ggardevoir and you'll be safe from fighting. Gardevoir is weak against Dark Types. Get a Hariyama and you'll be safe from dark types. Hariyama is weak to Flying types, but you have Aggron who is strong against flying types. See where I'm going?

Also, teach your pokemon a variety of moves. Having a Metagross that knows Hyper Beam, Meteor Mash, Gyro Ball and Giga Impact may seem like a good idea at first- But you only will have a total of 25 PP, Hyper Beam and Giga Impact have a power of 150 but require you to rest the next turn. Your Metagross will have a large period of vulnerability. You should have a powerful move, a fast move, a status-changing move, and a move that lets you defend against an opposing type. For example, I know Shock Wave which is fast and never misses, Psychic which is powerful, Sleep Talk that lets me fight under status (Shock Wave also counts here because it can inflict paralysis) and Shadow Ball which lets me fight ghost types- I'm a psychic type which is weak to ghost-types.

So, instead, you can teach your Metagross Hyper beam which is powerful, Toxic which will poison your opponent, and Aerial Ace which never never misses and can defend against metagross' ground-type weakness. The attribute of Speed is hard to balance on slow pokemon like Metagross, so instead of using a fast move you can learn Bulldoze which will lower your opponent's speed.

Just wanted to add to this.

#1 Keep in mind that although your Pokémon need to be good in a team, they also need to be capable as a independent unit. No point having type safeguards if all you do is switch out when they use a type-superior pokémon. So TRY to avoid things like double-type weaknesses ( like, say, flying/ice) unless their raw ability makes up for it.

#2 Indeed, be careful with the moves you use. Always try and avoid having a Pokémon that knows only attack moves. If you're looking for a good move to fill up the 4-slots, Toxic is quite good.

Also, keep in mind the following :

- Your Pokémon's type. A fire type using Flamethrower will do more damage than a Flying type using Flamethrower. Likewise, A flying type using Flamethrower will do more damage than a Water type using the same move. Try not to be tempted to teaching your Pokémon a powerful TM move if it heavily contrasts with their type, try saving it for a worthier teammate. IE earthquake is a brilliant move, but you'd get more kick teaching it to a Golem than you would a Lapras.

-Your Pokémon's damage ability. Take a look at their stats. You have Special Attack, and Attack. Attack is physical moves (punches, bites, etc), whilst Special Attack is elementally damage (beams, rays, clouds of fire, etc). Try to use moves that compliment your Pokémon's damage ability. Dragonite has a far superior Attack, so don't fall into the trap of teaching him solely SPATK moves. Chuck in some Physicals, and try and limit the Specials.

I'd advise 3 damage, and one status, if you're using a Pokémon that can hold it's own. Try to cover the widest type branch as you can. Fighting, Psychic, Ground, and Thunder cover almost all types. But good luck finding a Pokémon with the type/dmg ability to fit that XD

Get hold of a healing move if you can (Recover, Morning Sun, Moonlight, Roost etc) as these can really turn the tables <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

#3 When choosing your types, try to think of what are the most common moves. This way you can pre-empt a super-effective attack by not being weak to it in the first place <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>

These include moves like Earthquake, Hyper Beam(eww), Psychic and Surf. Those were just 4 off the top of my head, but you can probably think of more. So how about limitting the amount of these moves which whill kill you easily?

Rock type? Well, 3 of those still are super effective, 1 noneffective

Fire type? 2 supereff, 2 regular.

Grass? 2 Noneffective, 1 supereff, 1 regular.

Remeber you (can) have two types. This can work either to your advantage or be a serious handicap.

A steel/flying type :

1 No effect at all

1 Noneffective

2 Regular.

SKARMORY <3

:3 Ok i'm done usurping your thread, sorry Poké XD
Umm Ima noob....And i Cant catch a dang abra D=
Get a pokémon that knows sleeppowder or hypnosis.

Easymode.