Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] [Zombie] Feedback and Suggestions
Started by [E] Yield

Hey Minetown!

I hope everyone is enjoying the new server as much as I have enjoyed working on it. I have reached the point where I don't have to make too many more tweaks, so I feel more confident about making this thread. I feel as though zombie drops are fairly well balanced, as well as spawn rates. The things I have yet to do are: Give giants something to drop, refund from the protection plugin switch, and finalize the availability of PvP.

I have already heard some great input on the server and most of it has been centered around how much PvP should be allowed. My over all thoughts are that the server is in a Post-Apocalyptic theme and if the situation was to occur in real life, you wouldn't be able to scream "You can't kill me right now, I have PvP off!" I have also heard the suggestion that PvP should only be allowed during the day, and I haven't been able to research it enough to know if it's possible.

PvP has been restored to toggle mode
Lmao. We have a pvp server for the pvp stuff. Disable so you can focus on them zombs-
Sorry Yield, but I've gotta go with no PVP or limited, toggled, PVP.
Suggestion: disable the knock-back when Entering a sponge protected Zone, its very annoying and, when walking above a protected underground Base, you Cant Even Cross the Street. =/
Server is wonderful otherwise but the addition of forced PVP ruins it entirely for me, and I fear if permanently implemented then $300 donors would not bother killing zombies, and instead kill player who killed zombies. With the $300 donors, they could instantly kit diamond armor, which a sub$300 would have to spend a LONG time to get. Thus they would be hard pressed to defend against the 300's with their superior gear.

I personally am totally neutral. I will only attack if attacked. Yesterday I, in diamond armor, annihalated 3 people who thought that as a neutral I wouldnt fight back. My joy form the server is based on the zombie bashing.

Now, my tirade is over so some time for notes and suggestions.

1: Reduce Giant spawn rate. Found 4 trapped in one basement other day.

2: Giant drops? I'd suggest maybe 100/500 MTC. Or maybe large amounts of potion items/exp.

3: Something seems a bit up with the sponge sign at spawn. I heard that MasterJack had had issues with trying to buy oen and being charged and given 2, so I clicked the sign for barely a millisecond or so, and was still given and charged for two. This may be due to lag, as I heard a user named drogomast (or similar) say they had no problems themselves.

4: Increase zombie spawn rate on the roads.

5: Add a villager at spawn that you can trade with.

6: Make spawn a 1-way access thing. So maybe an iron sphere about a pool of water? This stops zombies hording the spawn.

7: Decrease Sponge price to $7500. Warp price is fine IMO.

8: Give dragon eggs the following ability:

Provides buffs for players within a 8 block radius of it.

Strength? Regen Speed increased?

This may take you a bit of time to write but I reckon it'd be a wonderful addition <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>

9: Hardcore Mode. Allow the Nether To be accessed, wherein zombie pigmen are aggressive, can destroy netherrack, spawn in groups of 15-20. Disable all other nether mobs. IMO no need to add any buildings to nether, it's a piece of dangerous architecture already.

10: Perhaps add some flags to the precioustones mod? I'm unaware of how difficult it would eb to modify their code but perhaps add the ability to allow certain players to build but not open chests. or similar.

11: Unrealistic but I would REALLY like to see the addition of /chest.

12: Again, unlikely but a /tpa would eb appreciated. However, May i suggest a fee of $250 for both people involved with the tpa? This provides further credit sink whilst allowing a rather sueful function. Keep warps free to warp to.

Anyway, I think that covers it. Well done so far. My only major issue is indeed the forced PVP.
I like the idea of pvp being on at all times. Maybe this is because I'm so used to it. But the fact that knowing that pvp was on at all times ,Zerenity quickly built up a base protected it and instantly became a productive team...basically a new clan. I enjoy the fact that its a somewhat realistic post apocalyptic scenario. At night we group together fend off zombies earn building materials and credits. During the day time we keep our eye out for any other players just like you would do if there was an actual zombie invasion. I say keep it on, and for the people who are complaining about diamond kit people..its not that hard to gather up a bunch of misfits and fight back =p
Speaking of what holy said, "we instantly became a productive team.. like a new clan" I would love to have the clan plugin from the main server put into the zombie server where there could be alliances and rivals that sort of thing like again as holy was saying "like a real zombie apocalypse" But if that wasn't implemented, i would prefer pvp off
I'm opposed to having any kind of plugin that promotes grouping. I believe that having a factions or clans plugin will imply that you need to band together, instead of naturally relying on each other for support. This is why I implemented the chunk protection plugin, so that you could have reasonable security, even if you wanted to play on your own.

On a different note, I have found a plugin that allows pvp in accordance with the time of the server (i.e. pvp disabled during the day and enabled at night) What would you all feel about this plugin instead of all or none.
HolySm0kes wrote:
I like the idea of pvp being on at all times. Maybe this is because I'm so used to it. But the fact that knowing that pvp was on at all times ,Zerenity quickly built up a base protected it and instantly became a productive team...basically a new clan. I enjoy the fact that its a somewhat realistic post apocalyptic scenario. At night we group together fend off zombies earn building materials and credits. During the day time we keep our eye out for any other players just like you would do if there was an actual zombie invasion. I say keep it on, and for the people who are complaining about diamond kit people..its not that hard to gather up a bunch of misfits and fight back =p

I have basically the same opinion on this as Holy <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> x
DanniDorrito wrote:
HolySm0kes wrote:

I have basically the same opinion on this as Holy <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object> x

If you forced pvp on, I may have to play on the Zombie server. Do it at your own peril!!

No but seriously, force it on, toggle-able pvp only causes headaches for everyone when it is abused. Just look at previous cases where it was used or is still being used.