Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Eating your hard drive since 1996.
Started by [E] dead [1]

Not a fight, just sharing experience so Jallaf can get the best value for his money and donate the rest to Minetown!
Jared5595 wrote:
ipwnin3D wrote:
the best, cheapest place to buy new HDDs is tigerdirect.com

iv heard lots of bad reviews about newegg.com.....

Newegg is who we used at work to order our video cards and hard drives, and we've never had anything come damaged... Been using them for atleast 4 years, if not longer... Get a WD Caviar Blue, it's my personal favorite hdd... I believe they come with 3 or 5 year warranties too.

your probably right, all i was saying is iv heard a lot of bad things about newegg, but i do know, tigerdirect is great, i used them to build my pc
I've heard plenty of great things about Tiger Direct, it's just one of those Chevy Vs. Ford deals lol. With two day shipping, the average cost for us on a WD 500g hdd is around 90-120, which is good considering they come with warranties... Not sure about Tiger, but shop around and get a good price and good warranty too!
I should probably defrag mine i haven't done it since i git the computer but i haven't had any problems likely cause my main drive is a 500gig SSD and i have a 2 TB STAT for my fraps video file storage (probably needs defrag too)

EDIT: it probably doesn't help that i only restart it when i'm forced to its been 3 weeks since i last did it lol
Restart really doesn't matter, but your performance should increase with a defrag... Depending on how long you've had it, it could take a long time XD
wtf is a hard drive?
It's what all the stuff you download and install on your computer is put on, it's a storage medium. Processor is like your brain, it thinks for the computer. When it thinks, it needs to store little bits and pieces of info that are temporary, it does this in the memory, or RAM; kinda like short term memory. It's long term memory is the hard drive.
i had ALL GREENS lawlawlawlawlawl
I look at this thread and see a lot of technical stuff that I understand and then all of a sudden theres Poke's random "It was aliens" picture... How does computer sh*t go to aliens for 20 seconds?
alder wrote:
I look at this thread and see a lot of technical stuff that I understand and then all of a sudden theres Poke's random "It was aliens" picture... How does computer sh*t go to aliens for 20 seconds?

aliens-meme.jpg