Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Most Anticipated Titles '12
Started by [E] GACKT

So finally the VG dry spell has ended, a bunch of great titles have come out and it's just getting started. List your 5 most anticipated titles that are coming out this year.

I'm not going to list any indie or downloadable titles, just my most anticipated AAA titles.

1. Dishonored

2. Zone Of The Enders HD Collection

3. Borderlands 2

4. Hitman Absolution

5. Resident Evil 6

Dishonored or Hitman, I'm wondering which one will come out as my GOTY, which one is going to live up to my expectations and obsession with stealth games.
Really Borderlands 2 is suppose to be one of the best, I mean it's a great game, played the first one but It wasn't long till i bought and beat the expansions and then there was nothing left for me to do.
Def. excited for dishonored!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUq2I061MMY That looks like amazing stealth gameplay. I'm a sucker for stealth games as well.

I will also play hitman but I haven't really gotten into any of the other games in the series.

The last stealth game I played was splinter cell conviction so I really need another one!
This doesn't come out in 2012, but i can't wait for StarCraft 2: Heart of The Swarm.
WhatItDo wrote:
Really Borderlands 2 is suppose to be one of the best, I mean it's a great game, played the first one but It wasn't long till i bought and beat the expansions and then there was nothing left for me to do.

Yeah It gets really repetitive, though with so many new features and constumizations, unlocks, ranks, etc. I believe i'll be spending a lot more time with it.

Very good moved by the guys at Gearbox by the way, they released the downloadable version of Borderlands on PSN for free two weeks before the release of 2.
KneeHeadToe wrote:
Def. excited for dishonored!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUq2I061MMY That looks like amazing stealth gameplay. I'm a sucker for stealth games as well.

I will also play hitman but I haven't really gotten into any of the other games in the series.

The last stealth game I played was splinter cell conviction so I really need another one!

I high recommend playing the other Hitman games, unless you aren't really use to playing older games, I have a hard time recommending classics from PS1 and such to current generation gamers, they can't handle playing older games. But all the Hitman games are on the PS2, I'd like to see an HD collection.

Have you played the other Splinter Cells? Conviction left a very bad mark on the franchise, and now this new one isn't using the original voice actor. I know that might not seem like much to some others who are casual players, but it upset those diehard SC fans. It would be like Solid Snake/Big Boss not being voiced by David Hayter anymore.
jjd712 wrote:
This doesn't come out in 2012, but i can't wait for StarCraft 2: Heart of The Swarm.

You know it doesn't matter when it comes out, most titles we are excited about come out early spring 2013, so if you like you can post some of them as well.
GACKT wrote:

Have you played the other Splinter Cells? Conviction left a very bad mark on the franchise, and now this new one isn't using the original voice actor. I know that might not seem like much to some others who are casual players, but it upset those diehard SC fans. It would be like Solid Snake/Big Boss not being voiced by David Hayter anymore.

Yeah I should have played the other hitman games while I had the chance, I sold my ps2 a few weeks ago. As for SC, no I have never owned an original xbox. To me conviction had a cinematic feeling, with the part with the robbers to the part where you get unlimited executions. The projected text objectives added a nice feel but the game was just too short and too easy. I haven't played a good story game that took my a long time to complete. Games like batman arkham city have the possibility to last for days of endless play, After the story, I don't really feel like doing side quests anymore. Max payne 3 was fun as well but didn't take a lot of time to finish. L.a Noire was an awesome game, one of my favorites, It had two disks and a few different jobs you play as, have you played it?
I'm looking forward to GTA V

Not sure if it's 2012 though.
^^ GTA V is gonna be a blast! The games I am excited for are Halo 4 and Borderlands 2. The Chief is back!

-Hayden <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I dislike this thread title, each time I scan homepage and latest threads I keep thinking this says 'Most anticipated titties '12'

Back on topic, theres nothing really this year that I'm anticipating. I'm looking forward to the day a Skyrim MMO comes out but recently I found out theres a Pokemon MMO which has just made my day. So with Pokemon, GW2 and Minecraft I'm pretty set until something extremely epic comes out like a Skyrim MMO <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
DanniDorrito wrote:
I dislike this thread title, each time I scan homepage and latest threads I keep thinking this says 'Most anticipated titties '12'

Back on topic, theres nothing really this year that I'm anticipating. I'm looking forward to the day a Skyrim MMO comes out but recently I found out theres a Pokemon MMO which has just made my day. So with Pokemon, GW2 and Minecraft I'm pretty set until something extremely epic comes out like a Skyrim MMO <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>

Thanks a lot for corrupting my mind. Now whenever I see this thread I see "Most anticipated titties '12" <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f606.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":lol:">:lol:</object>