Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Help? With technical stuff.
Started by [E] iPhone4S

I bought an Xbox video cable, but one with a VGA thing? I don't know a lot about computers, or anything like that... So, I don't like using my T.Vs because they're either broken, or old.. I have a laptop, with a VGA input, and an audio adapter, so, I plugged up my audio to the adapter, and then I tried plugging in the VGA to the input on my laptop, and all it did was change resolutions? and like every 9-13 seconds, it would change back to normal, and so on... I Googled it, and I watched some videos, ( All unhelpful ) So I tried messing with it for a little bit, but it wouldn't work, so that's when I decided to type all of this and see if anyone could help, could it be something I would have to change in the Control Panel? Much appreciated! c:
No one?
Without knowing the model of your computer, i can only assume the VGA port can only output a signal, not receive. Again, with out the model of you computer i'm taking a shot in the dark.

EDIT: im about 95.66% sure that the VGA ports on laptops are BUILT only to OUTPUT, not input.
laptops with VGA inputs are kind of rare...you sure it's not an output?
Slurth wrote:
laptops with VGA inputs are kind of rare...you sure it's not an output?

You ever seen one with VGA ->INPUT<- ? Seriously me not :lapoke:
I just guessed, but is there any way to change it to input? D:
Did you check the oil...?
No, they are BUILT to ONLY output.
:/ Money wasted.. Well, that's fine I guess.
Well, I managed to find a monitor... But it doesn't have speakers built in :c I was hoping to use the ones I have on my laptop, but I don't know how? I have an adapter, for the Red and White plug things, lol - and I don't know how if I plug it up to the Headphones, or the microphone one, I've tried both, but nothing happened, :/ I even tried my iPad xD lol, but, would I have to go in the Control panel to get it to play the sound from my Xbox on to the built in speakers? I've googled it, tons of times, I've tried numerous times, but I am a failure, but I found my old Xbox c: red ring though.... and I don't feel like paying 140$ to wait 2 months to get that back, I can't even find the hard drive to it.... but, I'd rather use something like my iPad? For safety reasons, like not dropping my laptop, and causing it to bring down my monitor, I have it on top of my dresser c: No better place to put it.... and it's quite small... I have a few other speakers, but, I don't feel like dragging them out and trying to hook them up to something I don't really need... This was all just for fun, and trying to make it so, I'd have better picture quality.. But, It doesn't really bother me to use a way to big T.V to play... :/ I just wasted like 7 hours of my life trying to get this to work... and what not, but if anyone could help? I'd be happy to provide any information c: but I'm tired, so goodnight!