Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest Whitelist
Started by [E] sawine

I dont agree with lowering the player cap, we can just install local chat, i guess its just not updated to work with hey0 b132 yet.
This problem has gotten to the point we NEED some sort of new player block for now. Tonight I got on and was flooded with GEAR SOMEONE KILLED ME and GEAR these guys are greifing EVERYTHING. I had to ban 2 people who kept killing and when I asked them a reason they just kept killing. I will unban them if they meake a good enough argument. WE NEED A WHITELIST NOW
Unless the whitelist/local chat is installed, lowering teh cap is a must. 70 right now is way too much.
Whitelist, more moderation/administration and local chat are what we need.

If we want to be able to make factions wars and everything, we will need a player cap around 120+ , but we will see this later on.
I guess when i'm thinking of player caps that high, i'm just picturing it now. and it makes my head spin XD But with the local chat and guests it wouldnt be as bad now that i'm thinkign about it. Still seems ridiculous as of now, though, with how hectic it is.
I Think we need maybe channels of the chat for places like if your in the spawn city area, when you talk only people within lets say, 250 blocks of you can hear you. then theres all the channels like that. But sawine, I think its time we promote some people to mod, because we definitely need some more.
GearElite227 wrote:
But sawine, I think its time we promote some people to mod, because we definitely need some more.

Yea, me and Cody had discussed that 1-2 weeks ago, we had added 3 new mods, but as soon as i can retalk with him, we will try to add at least 5 new.

I think its time as well we maybe added a new admin. we have a few people that are qualified but I have one in mind I wil MSG you his name.
Yeah, it's a pain.

I was murdered four times in spawn town by a guy who took all my stuff and logged.

Spawn town is greifed to hell and back, and it's nearly impossible to see what's going on in chat with 72 people talking at once,

I don't really support a whitelist, but if it would help it might be worth it.
Well a flat-out whitelist would help, but also kind of hurt in a way. That guest-whitelist thing would allow people to join, and check out the server, but keep them from griefing and killing. Of course, they could juts register THEN do all that if they wanted to badly enough, but it would really help cut down the number of these incidents.