Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Guest Whitelist
Started by [E] sawine

Hello everyone,

At first I was against the idea of a whitelist because it slows down the growing of the server, but after the last 2 days, i changed my mind.

Im currently waiting for my new laptop and im on a laggy 10inches one, I log in the game and everything has a 5min delay...

So today I logged, had like 5ppl asking me for random stuff, and at the same time there was about 5-6 grief alerts going on. All this only in 10-15min. This is not counting the cheaters still cheating because the cheat program is still working in beta <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f621.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":furious:">:furious:</object>

So my suggestions to counter this are:

Set a whitelist, but not a total whitelist. People could still connect to the server without registering, but would have guest rank. So that means that they could connect and walk around, but couldnt break any blocks without registering. So people could still come visit and see how nice is the server and it would help get rid of dumbasses alot.

Recruit more mods and more admins. The current team is not enouph big and active, we cant deal with all the stuff.

Im serioulsy pissed by the time im making this post the server is getting hacked and griefed by some *******.

Cya all.
I LOVE THIS IDEA! There's so much going on at once with all these guests, its ridiculous. If you implement this whitelist i'll kiss you <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>
We've had this already, before we switched to SMP. *coughcoughNOOBScoughcough*
This is ridiculous, atm we have 71 ppl online and 1 admin online.
Draednar wrote:

Please make the difference between guest whitelist and total whitelist.

Also you dont have a facking idea of how bad its going online, so *cough cough stfu *

edit : sy for being rude, but... thats it.

Yes I do. I have my computer back. IM on it right now

*COUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGHCOUGH*
Draednar wrote:

Why are you trying to clash me ? the server was creative before, so it was easy to repair duping and cheating didnt matter really.

Now it does really matter.

I'm not trying to clash with you... I was kidding about the noob thing dude. Chill out. I'm a little overexcited because of the sheer awesomeness of a PS3 and getting my computer back in the same day
I was on. ANd i was the only mod/admin even fucking doing anything. Trying to nab 3 griefers at once. I got pissed and ragequit. That's why i'm not on. When Dan banned me someone griefed up hyrule. Jacked up some houses, stole iron/gold, etc. DUg holes in the walls. Of course nobody was on to see gold and iron grief alerts. It's ridiculous.
Draednar wrote:
I'm not trying to clash with you... I was kidding about the noob thing dude. Chill out. I'm a little overexcited because of the sheer awesomeness of a PS3 and getting my computer back in the same day

Sorry if i overreacted a bit, but im so pissed that the server is getting facked up and that i cant do anything bout it.