Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] mctown
Started by [E] SilverLotus1

i heard that mctown was remove i was wondering are they going to place it back again or replace with customize plugin
Yeah I have been wondering too. I had a town founded right before the pluggin was removed and it is now pretty messed up <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
They might have removed it because it requires a lot of communication for a staff member to setup your town, which may be sort of hard in the Minecraft chat. For example the only reason my town was setup so quick is because XCoaster could talk to me in Skype about it. They may be making a custom plugin, but I have no idea :3
I'm pretty sure it's just been removed whilst they are waiting for the plugin to update to 1.3! I think (would hope) that they would give a decent amount of notice if they were planning on completely removing the plugin!
will they replace it with somthing else
MCTown has been removed with no plans to readd at this moment. it looks like we will just be using WG regions to set up towns and manage them that way.
ok
MCTowns is so good though! I was able to manage my whole town and all the regions in it with minimal effort and without the need for hundreds of PE's asking for a new region every 5 seconds! I can understand that some people find it confusing and hard to use, but I don't see why MCTowns couldn't just be left on for the people that liked it, and then everyone who didn't like it or found it complicated could stick to WG regions!
Honestly...When I was a regular member, MCtowns was so much easier to manage a town than WG...Having to constantly put in Pe's for protections is kinda annoying. Also the fact that it might not be put back on kinda sucks also because those of us who did run a town through that now have to fix everything.
MCTowns was removed because the update would have removed all the data associated with the plugin, upon updating. While it is still unknown if it will be re-added, we are going to wait for a version that is compatible with our current data before updating.