Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Walls
Started by [E] Drupe

Y or N

If i have to explain this, you're dumb
im dumb then cuz you just added a post for nothing?? =]
I assume you mean about walling off territories? If so yes, construction may take awhile.

Even if not, yes?

Shotty Great Wall of the Frost Empire?

Catchy <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I thought so too, our factions should have a clear mark out of their territory in game. I know when I first got into Minetown I was very confused as to where I would be aloud to build without being griefed for setting up in a factions territory.
I say let factions do as they please. Although they should be able to accept some newb building on their land by accident if they don't have walls.
Eh, requiring walls may not be a very good idea. Besides the problem of having to travel around walls criss-crossing the map, we could run into the same problem as the cartograph's borders, with factions walling off large areas they can't justifiably use. At least that's what I could see happening.
I see walls more as a boundary than a barrier, around territory. You may have to follow a road through a gate or something. Cities could be justifiably blocked off though.
If walls officially marked faction territory, any person could just claim a 3 square mile undeveloped area and claim it as their own. If walls become used to mark faction territory, there should be a limit on how much land they can have and how far they can expand. Like, you can only claim land that you have developed, or something similar.
check factions land map thread. and walls wouldn't be used to claim territory, they would be made to augment existing factions

Edit:
Quote:
If walls officially marked faction territory, any person could just claim a 3 square mile undeveloped area and claim it as their own

Minecraft is in metric (1 block = 1 meter), so factions should be claiming kilometers <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object>

Wait, that means the map would be fairly walkable irl
id rather put lands mines around my land