Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Love the server but LAG???
Started by [E] DARKxFOX

Prez wrote:

Is there enough bandwidth allocation to handle all of Minetown's servers though? It never used to be as laggy when we had fewer servers to run.

Bandwidth doesn't work this way. And yes there is plenty of it to support Minetown x10.
Prez wrote:

What plugins are causing lag, if you don't mind me asking?

We are still tracking down the numerous causes of lags, but the 9000+ WorldGuard regions and the high amount of mob farms/spawners on the server are part of it.

...Since 1.3 a bunch of things changed and became more intensive on the server side. The server runs pretty fine for 1-2 hours after restart (perfect 20 TPS), but then slowly decrease to some very low values... which could be caused by multiple things which we are curently looking into.
i wouldnt mind a quick restart every 2-3 hours to kill lag in my opinion
sawine wrote:

We are still tracking down the numerous causes of lags, but the 9000+ WorldGuard regions and the high amount of mob farms/spawners on the server are part of it.

... RON!!
I wonder if this has anything to do with the lag:

Every time I log in to the main or pvp server, my loading screen takes forever.

Can't seem to get on the main server, my client just freezes.

(I use 1.3.1)
sawine wrote:
Prez wrote:

Is there enough bandwidth allocation to handle all of Minetown's servers though? It never used to be as laggy when we had fewer servers to run.

Bandwidth doesn't work this way. And yes there is plenty of it to support Minetown x10.

I understand, I meant as in more players (thus stressing the bandwidth), not more worlds to handle.
sawine wrote:
Prez wrote:

What plugins are causing lag, if you don't mind me asking?

...Since 1.3 a bunch of things changed and became more intensive on the server side. The server runs pretty fine for 1-2 hours after restart (perfect 20 TPS), but then slowly decrease to some very low values... which could be caused by multiple things which we are curently looking into.

As the chunks with regions in get loaded? Perhaps a chunk unloading plugin might help but you're already running CraftBukkit++ right?

Second thought...perhaps as players leave chunks the regions stay loaded?
Landro wrote:

(I use 1.3.1)

Are you using the donator client? I have that problem, apparently it's modloader
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Landro wrote:

(I use 1.3.1)

Are you using the donator client? I have that problem, apparently it's modloader

Try using a vanilla client? If that's working, install everything apart from modloader, apart from the ones that require it. See how that works then and if it still works, modloader's the issue.
Prez wrote:
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
Landro wrote:

(I use 1.3.1)

Try using a vanilla client? If that's working, install everything apart from modloader, apart from the ones that require it. See how that works then and if it still works, modloader's the issue.

Yea, someone gave me that suggestion two days ago and it's been working, but it's a pain without minimap and macros.
I got my own 1.3 client working fine. It's literally the same as the donator client with MORE mods...
I'm running a vanilla client and the lag has always been bad. I'm sure it has a lot to do with WE/WG and duckshop.