Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Serious RP
Started by Unknown User

Ok guys, i seriously think we should start the actual RPing, instead of just saying we're rp. I used to be a serious WoWhead and played on an RP server, Black Water Raiders, and I loved doing RP. It's one of the reasons I stayed, to be completely honest. I wouldn't think of leaving now, but it was one of the main reasons I joined here and why I remained. If people need help starting their RP, like getting a story for their character started, or a skin or something, I could give you a hand. But I think we need to start getting serious about it and not laugh it off like you did my last thread about roles. I am working on a format for people to post with the character they wish to take the role of. This is the way I interpret a 'roleplay' server. I might just be a huge nerd tho...

A penny for your thoughts?
Also requesting an RP sub forum plz

Couldn't edit other post, didn't wanna mess up the poll
I am free to make all sorts of skins for people who want to roleplay just understand that the more reference material i have the easier it is.
Oh cryston, partners in crime are the two of us <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f600.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":d">:d</object>
I think RP could be fine as long as its not "too much"

I dont feel like starting to chat LOTR style ...

Still quest, enemies, factions, stories goes very well under the category of RP....

But... I wont RP in-game like talking in chat to sound like some medieval nerd $hit (no insult here)

my 2 cents.
I agree with you sawine about not regressing our speech to fix the mood of medieval. but we need to stop talking like we are just trading and talk as if we were honestly people there not just being optimize for our goal. this would be best served through the audio chat server so we can work and talk hopefully in a style fitting people not just talking for the sake of doing minecraft "work".
Drupe Liketh this idea
I'm not saying we regress our speech, merely that we act out plays and such, or our own story arcs
Seperate RP chat?

Like trade chat and general chat

that should seperate RP chat and Out of Character stuff
I am making a post in the Parties thread. There is a thing called groupchat, its a plugin that should help with it. Look there when its done