Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Underground railway ?
Started by [E] goggyiscool

Eat fresh!
Who built on the booster thing I was making goggy? I thought it over, and I think I know how to do it.
Um SirCrundle had a look at it, had a go but don't think he actaully got it when I left he was still working on it and haven't been on since
Um we cant it right so would anyone be able to try and look at the automated booster system it need to be able to hold multiple carts and needs to be able to reset it self if there is a run away cart on the track it is near Iceland just a grey building have a look and see if you could try and figure it ou I'd gladly pay the person who does it 5 diamonds
I'll try again. I need track though...
@GammaGames yer I now but I've been sick lately and haven't been on when I get on I'll give you some tracks hopefully you'll still be willing
MattDAngeli wrote:
Oh I know what you meant. Just saying that I already started this at small-scale. The dimensions for the tunnel are 4-wide and 3-high. Length is however long the bridge is, plus, i think, 30ish. It is a LOT of work to do that, and it would be PRETTY TOUGH. It'd be much easier to make an above-ground train system, but a subway would be cooler and less noticeable.

Edit-

Plus it might allow players to learn to use the powered mine carts, which would be PRETTY COOL considering most ppl just use push and stuff. We could make it like an actual train, with someone in the back feeding the power-cart coal and stuff, with everyone else riding in front. It'd be pretty cool having an ABOVE-ground one too!

We did something like this in my last server. What we did is set standards for the design of the subway and allowed everyone to bring their lines nearby a hub, where I would align them so they could all come into the track parallel.

Unfortunately, our subway never was able to fulfill what it was designed to do because of the minecart bugs that were plaguing SMP; in fact, right before that server went down I had been building a minecart test track to document the physics that still worked in SMP to try to work around the boosters, which was itself a glitch.

If we are to use powered minecarts, I recommend each train have 1 powered minecart and 1 powered minecart for each additional player/cargo cart. This would mean a train of 5 players and 4 cargo carts should have 10 powered carts. This is for optimal speed and efficiency.

A monorail may be built within a city in order to quickly transfer inhabitants between areas such as downtown, suburbs, and marketplaces; these should not be powered by coal. Monorails would be automatic and would continously operate without player interference in order to prevent overloading or jams.

Finally, a problem of minecart tracks is the question of who is responsible for them. A full subway system will be comprised of a series of intercity tracks that connect into a large network. The governor of each city is responsible for deciding where to connect to and even if he wants to; it is then his responsibility to take the action to the governor of the destination and coordinate construction.

The city of Espero (currently in construction, estimated to be finished sometime around Dec 25-Jan 1) will be housing a large hub for subway transit. Our recommendation for tunnel size is 5-wide x 6 high. Tracks will be laid 1 block away from the wall with 1 block in between. Right will wlays be moving forward relatively. Every 30 blocks, I recommend a sign or marking on the right side to distinguish direction for broken-down travellers.

Will continue this post when I get home.
Yer I've kind of abandoned the woile mono rail system as when I Started I didn't think how much room it would take so I am going to be tearing the whole thing down and starting again somewhere else I should build the whole booster thing first before building
I ask for 5x5 so that there is enough room for a second line on the wall of each side in case of overcrowding