Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Mojang Being Sued?
Started by [E] SGT Fenix

Apparently, a lawsuit was filed against several major gaming companies by a company named Uniloc, including Mojang, Square Enix, Electronic Arts and more, regarding a patent infringement. It seems to me this company is just out to get everyone these days!

Apparently, Mojang is being sued for "allegedly" infringing upon a patent regarding "a system and method for preventing unauthorized access to electronic data stored on an electronic device"

Notch twitted regarding this matter, saying "Unfortunately for them, they're suing us over a software patent. If needed, I will throw piles of money at making sure they don't get a cent"

According to other tweets and data sources, the company Uniloc, appears to be as one tweeter puts it "experts in the patent infringement lawsuit business"

According to other sources, the owner of Uniloc has already successfully sued Microsoft over a similar issue.

Is it just me? or is this guy the kind of scum you think you only see in movies? You know, trying to get money out of everyone even if they did not do anything wrong?

Details here in PDF format

http://notch.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/mojang.pdf

Another post Notch has made, is his take on the situation, which can be found here in his most recent post

http://notch.tumblr.com/

They made a mistake in the papers lol... they called it Mindcraft. *fail*.

This seems to have something to do with their Android app, not sure what in particular.

It's such a same companies like this try to profit from any "flaws" they spot in other companies. (from the look is what they are trying to do.) Unless Mojang actually used some copyrighted stuff in their Android app that I'm not aware of.
lol typos in official documents? fail indeed! And as for the Android app, I doubt they would risk something like that, especially when their franchise is doing so well! From a business standpoint, I do not think they would risk it.
Kinda shows how greedy some people are, something this simple
Very interesting, thanks for sharing <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
The world is full of profiteering thieves like Uniloc. News like this just further enforces my lack of faith in the human race.
All respect for Uniloc's Lawyers = Gone.

All respect for Uniloc's Workers = Also Gone.

All respect for the one who make's Uniloc's business decisions = Tossed into a fireplace, in a volcano, on the sun. Disintegrated into nothingness. In other words, Gone.

tumblr_m5pwr2fzJQ1r1wntq.gif
To sum up this ...

They are sued , When the "Hacking" happened .. Because of the authorization server where down..
PokemonGardevoir wrote:
All respect for Uniloc's Lawyers = Gone.

Well I hardly think it's their lawyers' fault.
Prez wrote:
The world is full of profiteering thieves like Uniloc. News like this just further enforces my lack of faith in the human race.

Your a human.......