Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Protection for donators only?
Started by Unknown User

sawine wrote:
Nothing unfair here.

You get what you've paid for. And why donate if you dont get anything ?

I still donated, a second time, 13.37 , just for helping. I want to server to get better and bigger.

Server and website bandwith have to be paid. And complaining about lags wont take them away, donating might.

If everybody could protect their stuff, let me tell you that within a week the server would be unplayable. Every single bit of the world would be protected , and people would even "protect grief"....

Edit: when you donate, it shows you care and respect other people creations on the server and wont likely grief. I dont say that regular players cant show that kind of respect, but just saying that donators are really more unlikely to be griefers.

cya

sawine

I see what you did there with your 13.37.

sawine wrote:
Nothing unfair here.

You get what you've paid for. And why donate if you dont get anything ?

I still donated, a second time, 13.37 , just for helping. I want to server to get better and bigger.

Server and website bandwith have to be paid. And complaining about lags wont take them away, donating might.

If everybody could protect their stuff, let me tell you that within a week the server would be unplayable. Every single bit of the world would be protected , and people would even "protect grief"....

Edit: when you donate, it shows you care and respect other people creations on the server and wont likely grief. I dont say that regular players cant show that kind of respect, but just saying that donators are really more unlikely to be griefers.

cya

sawine

CodyHollaway likes this.
I could see cody on a commercial like the state represenatives on the end of a add " Im Cody Hollaway and I approve this message."
Me too...

*black and white screen* If you see someone picking fruits, make sure to tell them to STOP. ><object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f610.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":|">:|</object> Serious face.

I'm Drupe and I approve of this message.
Even as a donor i'd say i'm against protection being provided ONLY to donors. If someone builds something incredibly awesome on the server, especially if its open to the public or large faction, it should be protected regardless of status. Maybe you'd have a system where non-donors apply for protection for certain areas/structures and the admins take a vote.
@sawine, with my loan bills, rent, and normal food expenses, I don't exactly have a lot of money to be tossing around. I would like to have my super projects protected without throwing 15-20 dollars into it. I care about the server a lot, I wouldn't want anything to happen to the awesome buildings in it, and seeing as I have been here since early october, I don't think I am one that is goin g to go off in a rampage of griefing.

@ninja, stay out of my threads and I shall stay out of yours. Unless you have input that isn't hurtful or Captain Obvious-ish, just stay out of my threads and vice versa.

@weepel, I like daniel's idea of a sort of lottery, or if the project is massive enough. Something like Cryston's sphere would be something that should be protected because of the sheer amount of time and planning it took him.
Quote:
Even as a donor i'd say i'm against protection being provided ONLY to donors. If someone builds something incredibly awesome on the server, especially if its open to the public or large faction, it should be protected regardless of status. Maybe you'd have a system where non-donors apply for protection for certain areas/structures and the admins take a vote.

I agree on this point, a forum would have to be built and applications for protection would have to be made.

Go suggest it if interested ^^.
Quote:
@sawine, with my loan bills, rent, and normal food expenses, I don't exactly have a lot of money to be tossing around. I would like to have my super projects protected without throwing 15-20 dollars into it. I care about the server a lot, I wouldn't want anything to happen to the awesome buildings in it, and seeing as I have been here since early october, I don't think I am one that is goin g to go off in a rampage of griefing.

I know what you mean, and its not my momma paying for the donation. Im in the same situation than you, (car, cellphone, food, etc.) I agree with you that projects that took big times building deserve protection. But I wont agree that regular players should get the right TO USE protection. Maybe there could be a way they could make applications for it, but I still think this is fine to be a donator feature.

And seriously, dont complain its too much money or anything.... its called donations, im sure if u have loans and bill, you have at least few bucks to spend for hobbies. Its up to you to choose where you put it, but i just mean dont use this as an argument, everybody got 2 work for their damn penny in this beautifull self-collapsing capitalisim ( but thats another debate <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f609.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=";)">;)</object> )

I understand your points, but my opinion remains unchanged.

cya around folks

sawine

How about this ill take the role of this every week 1 person randomly gets a free protection and as of the message thing you can have 2 ways to message me, the website and the minecraft client, Now the only way i will get to see pictures is ill try to find a way where the thread is private and only i and cody can see them but you guys can still post... For this ill see if i can make it and if you want a better chance of getting it protected i will probaly go with why you built it why it should be protected and what it does

Its finished go to forums and the forum topic is Minecraft Protection

No one will see it except for me and cody and ill see if we want to protect post away =]
After reading these, I think that the best solution would be to have a protection application thread. You post a picture of your creation and myself and other admins will discuss and decide if we think its worthy of protection.

As for the donations; they are merely donations. You are not paying for anything. I am kindly giving you some in-game items/features in return for helping me out. I could not have protections at all but I know that you guys want it.

I cannot go around protecting everybody's things because that would just take all of my time. Also I need to have a little something to give people for donating. I am not trying to make a living doing this, I am just trying to get enough money to keep the server running. Saying this, I need to have a little something left to give people when they donate. It might sound like a bribe but some people would not donate unless they got something in return.

I can make an application thread for people to post pictures of the things they want protected. These areas have to be good and have the "wow" factor.

Donators will still be able to have unlimited protection, no applications required.