Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Protection for donators only?
Started by Unknown User

I managed to pop onto the server for a bit yesterday, and I found some startling news. Only donaters get the right to have their stuff protected. Personally, I dislike this quite a lot. Like I said on the server, it's like someone asking you for fifty bucks or when the shady guy in the corner breaks your kneecaps with a wrench, that guy is going to just keep walking on by. Sort of a bad comparison, but its the best thing I can come up with. I think that if it is important enough, or a large enough structure (i.e. 10+ hours of work on a building), it should be protected. Maybe give admins the ability to protect if you don't want to have to protect everything, Cody. I just don't like the idea of having to pay or leave my stuff vulnerable to griefing, much like my arena that someone spammed with glass and fence. Thoughts, guys?

EDIT**

Also Cody, I know that you've been raking in quite a bit of dough from donations because of this, it is still unfair. The old VIP abilities I could live without. Magiccarpet was convienent when I made luigi & mario, but I didn't need it for my other projects, and control of night and day was something I really kind of laughed at since I was the only person who knew what a torch was. Nah, I keed I keed, but time was trivial to me. Maybe we could find some things that don't break the RP mold, but are still not extremely important?
I know i kinda go against alot of people on this im guessing but in other games alot bigger than just this server you have to pay for more benefits... I think that if people who donate should get more benefits and should be recognized, ill use Runescape as a example for this. If anyone hasn't played Runescape before it is a MMORPG where you go level up your character and try to make him the best and richest there is. The thing is there is a Free to play (people who dont donate) and a pay to play( this is reoccurring in Runescape but not here) if your a member you get alot more benefits more skills to train and you can make money faster, you also get more bank space which is huge in the game! What im trying to say is that if you want certain things that will help you "level up" in the sense of getting diamond armor and protecting a house i think that you should have to donate to show some type of helping and it also shows that you like the server if your active and have donated

Only my opinion though
+1

I Mean. Cody won't take all his playtime to help ppl who are regular players.

He Rewards the player who donated ( Helping the server to be there ) With benefits like that...­.. It's all right like this. If you want your house protected, Donate. Most of the other server work the same way
well i dont have paypal so i cant <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
I understand where you are coming from Daniel, but at this time in my life I do not have money to be throwing around. I bet you and Cody know the feeling, and it is rather annoying <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/2639.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":(">:(</object>
Well then you don't get the extra features. Its as simple as that.
Yea i do know where your coming from and i do understand that you cant just throw money around, Cody might make it where he might select a person every week where they get 1 thing to protect or else i might start doing that and it will be a random person that is on the server from the past 5 days and ill do a drawing and they get a week to respond... ill probably do that but it means you have to be active both on the website and game
Hmm, that isn't a bad idea Dan. Maybe have some sort of lottery or something... I dunno. Also ninja, STFU because that isn't exactly helpful input. I don't want anything to do with you and your shit.
Draed. Stop this. I simply replyed something, stop freaking out. God. You are annoying the hell out of me, and probably a lot of others right now because of your constant fits of rage.
Nothing unfair here.

You get what you've paid for. And why donate if you dont get anything ?

I still donated, a second time, 13.37 , just for helping. I want to server to get better and bigger.

Server and website bandwith have to be paid. And complaining about lags wont take them away, donating might.

If everybody could protect their stuff, let me tell you that within a week the server would be unplayable. Every single bit of the world would be protected , and people would even "protect grief"....

Edit: when you donate, it shows you care and respect other people creations on the server and wont likely grief. I dont say that regular players cant show that kind of respect, but just saying that donators are really more unlikely to be griefers.

cya

sawine