Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Enabling monsters?
Started by [E] CodyHollaway

What do you guys think about enabling monsters? This will make you have to find shelter at night or you will have to fight the monsters that try to attack you while you are building. Creepers are another issue. They will blow up whatever is near them when they explode. Vote in this poll and leave your opinions below.
*ahem* LEARN TO WALL. /end
yes i want monster IN, ive been asking you for this sinse day one and i would think that this wall teach people to build protetions for their houses egainst mobs
damn i got fucking sniped
..headshot..
voting a strong yes. This is what SMP is all about. we gotta have it.
Well, i voted yes. but after playing for like 1 hour. I vote no. Lmao.

Monster are so annoying, and The night looks like is longer than day -_-
Agreed with dobs and i would vote yes if they made the monster hit lower and walk slower and so that you can see them on any difficulty, with a lagg situation you might be beating the zombie but he could 2 hit you because of lagg just unfair atm
Could you re-do the vote. I doubt the results would be the same.

After 1h30 of playing time I can say it seriously sucks.

As far As i know, If i wanted to play like this, i'll go alone. You take times and lots of ressources to build magistral things just so they get blown up by some damn creepers. Or at least. Desactivate the monster until a mod for disableing creepers comes out.

For now, I don't get the fun of playing like that, i can't even build properly and have fun.

Thanks cody, I hope you make a right decision on this

EDIT !!

By thinking of this. Creepers is the easy way of griefing anything you want. You just go kamikaze. Make a creeper folow you w/e you want and die on a spot. The creeper blow the whole thing up (even ungriefeble thigns) so for ppl with machiavelic plans, its not a good thing
Hey,

I also voted yes while playing on the test server waiting for hey0, but now after playing in our map, its really annoying.

I think the monsters are really nice because they add difficulty to the game, but at the same time, i think the monster system is not enouph evolved yet.

Maybe I dont have enough torches around, but here is a little example:

20101124224246.png

3 creepers and 2 zombies spawned in that room inside my base.

Also we had to fight over 10 on the base ground floor which made lots of damage.

I think monsters could be tolerable if creepers explosion would be turned off. As dobs21 said, they could easily get use to grief, or even if you dont want to grief, if you got 5 of them on your ass, it woulnt really end up better.

Dobs21 told me you were going to take monsters off and load the last world save before update, I think it could be good until the monster system becomes more elaborated.

Cya around

-sawine