Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] New Train Station and Town idea.
Started by [E] Jeff Hendrie

I'm thinking of starting a new town around a train station, where as the town, would be owned by the server, but the station, and the land (plot) that the station will sit on, wpuld be owned by me. Also, I will be sure that I manage, maintnance, etc. the station on a propper schedual for the station's size, and style of architecture. The station has a cafe and resturaunt (connected to eachother), it has a ticket lobby, arcade (not the video game type of arcade, sorry), drug store, (potion store for minecraft), barber shop, cigar shop, pool, other areas for stores to go, a mail office, smoking room, reading room, (the reading room didn't have books I don't think, but I'll add some bookshelves to the room if people want me to. The station has a Women's Room (not a restroom, it's just a room where women get together and have fun. Though men are also allowed in the Women's room, because it's just a room. And some people don't have time to walk to the back of the station to get to the Men's Room (just like the Womens' Room, it's only a name for an empty room where people get together), to go the the restroom in the back of the station. (Mens Restroom) I'll also put a restroom near the Train Ramp, (it's the large empty area where you walk down it to get to the train platforms, and wait for the trains). If there's any questions about the station, feel free to ask, it's an almost exact replica of a station that's near me, and I built it in single player so far, but I'm hoping to have it put into the server. There's a large, open space, large enough for a small town, and the station, (if flattened out), and I can post an image of the area I'm thinking of putting this, (as seen in the server 3D map) if anyone wishes. I can also add screenshots of the station if anyone wishes also. So far it has no doors or signs, those will be added when (and if) the station is put into the server. (note: the station also has a hotel, and it is regestered as a U.S. National Historical Landmark. And it does need some work done to it if we want to keep the building up. The station being in operation again could help jump-start our echonomy, by creating more jobs, and promoting rail travel across the U.S. Also it could promote the understanding of our history in the U.S. and other things too. I'm not saying to rally to save the station, though I would like the station to be restored, and saved for future generations, but what I am saying, is this station means a lot to me, and a lot to the community I live in, it was used during the filming of the movie Transformers, and it's the single largest railroad station, and oldest for it's size, within 30 miles radius of where I live The station is also 100-102 years old, Built in 1911-1914/15, it opened TWICE, just because the size and expence of it would bankrupt the people building it if they didn't open it temporarily to get some income in order to pay for the station's completion. The station officially opened, in the year 1914.)
We have warps, nobody will use it. Sorry.

Nobody is stopping you building it however, and if you want to then go right ahead. It will be more of a piece of architecture than actually used as a train station.
Thanks, I understand that we do have warps, and probably noone will use the station, as a train station, but you never know, the train station can't have a warp to it because it's not consitered a "shop", or "town", and becauser I'm not a $20+ donator. So that's the only reason why the station would be practical, because it'd take probably a month or so for me to even get the town started, if the server didn't own it, and if the server did own it, (which is what I'm planning), then it'd take less time. But it still has a hotel. And the two ends of the concourse sould also be used/rented out, for private events, like weddings, wedding receptions, parties, balls, (yes, balls, like where people dance, like what Cynderella went to. I know, I just mentioned a little girls' fairy tale but it's still relevent at least;) but yes, as long as there's a warp to the station, there's no need to use it AS a station, same thing if there's a warp to the town. But if it could be connected to the station/train system of minetown, that'd still be great. If not, then al well, it'll just have the empty, unused tracks for looks. It'd the biggest, single building I've ever built in minecraft, so I am definatly proud of it. But yes, I do know that warps do indeed lessen the need for a train station.
If you want to make a project like this, you can. As long as you make the architecture right, it could look good on the server.
Would you like to see some screenshots of it? I built it already in single player. (I asked sawine if he could possibly World Edit it into the server if I made a scematic file of it for him. I'm waiting for a reply.)
I would like a screenshot <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f61b.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":p">:p</object>
If you post it on your profile or album somewhere online, sure I'll view it. I want to see what kind of stations you have planned.
Just post it here lol
I concur with what Coffeey said
I'll get on that right now. How many do you want? The hotel isn't 100% done yet, it's only about 95% done. (Also if I could vote for two things, I'd choose the historical landmark, and that it might be a good addition to the server, but ah well. At least I still get to voice my opinion in the poll.) Would you like a screenshot of each major room of the building? Or a screenshot of only cirtain rooms? This is the floorplan: http://www.forgottendetroit.com/mcs/floorplan.htm