Welcome to Minetown!
To join our community, please login or register!
Internet Explorer
Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.

[Enjin Archive] Completely New And Need Help
Started by [E] Rainy_Daze

Hi! I'm Rainy_Daze. I've owned Minecraft for a few months now - somewhere between 3 and 5 - and this is my first time on a server. I can definitely say that I am utterly confused.

I thought that a server would just be a community of people, surviving and building and fighting away creepers at night until they eventually created a Nether Portal and found an End Portal, and from then on they would be friends, building fantastic works of block art and trying to do the same thing all over again. But then I went into the server for the first time.

Apparently, all of the land has been claimed (and how do you claim land anyway?) and the only way you can find your own is to beg for someone to give you gold then buy a 9x9 plot for a scrawny home. Or you can spend several real-time days fighting off creepers, spiders, Endermen, zombies, skeletons, and all other things Minecraft throws at you, at the same time starving to death because all the animals are captured or dead, while you desperately attempt to find a tree - just one! - that is on unclaimed land so that you can have a little bit of wood, and maybe an apple if you're really lucky.

That is not what I envisioned when I joined Minetown.

Now, I know very little about computers, commands, and anything else related to that even remotely. All I know about Minecraft is how to build, mine, and survive the night. So at the very least, would someone please, please give me a list of the commands I can use, tell me how to claim land, and suggest an unclaimed area that they know of?
Check out the wiki, there's a link at the top. That tells you a lot.

Other than that, there is a LOT of free land. You just need to walk out of spawn to find it. Once you have done that, you can make a petition (/pe new _______) to ask for land to be protected.

You can also vote for the server in order to gain credits that you can spend a /warp market or /warp cs

EDIT: It doesn't need to be a huge font <object class="emojione" data="https://resources.enjin.com/1489581540/themes/core/images/emojione/svg/1f642.svg?0" type="image/svg+xml" standby=":)">:)</object>
I wish I could help you but I can't read what you typed, it's too small!